You can type here any text you want

16 Volt Battery/Charger.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

Time to make the switch, thought i would ask what brand/make guys are having success with.

TIA.

Powermaster battery and charger and alt. They have several options when it comes to the 16v battery and charger.

I have the dual 12v-16v charger and D1000 battery. For a while you could not both unless in one unit unless you paid big $$$$ for the Dual Voltage Moroso. They were the only game in town for a while.

I was thinking that i may get away with using the s1000 because i am running an alternator.
Not affraid of the added weight of the D1000 though!

Powermaster battery and charger and alt. They have several options when it comes to the 16v battery and charger.

I have the dual 12v-16v charger and D1000 battery. For a while you could not both unless in one unit unless you paid big $$$$ for the Dual Voltage Moroso. They were the only game in town for a while.

I have the same set up. I think the charger also has a trickle mode or you could get a separate trickle 16V charger (Autometer and Moroso are making the compact units) if want.
Jeff

Same here: Powermaster D1000 and their baby 16v charger.

D1000.jpg

and

1004.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Check out The VBattery.Com

I've run a 16volt system for years - you can't beat it. I orginally used Turbostart which is now defunct and switched to this 16v AGM V-Battery and charger a few years ago - hands down the best 16volt setup I've ever used. They also have a great 12v/16v automatic charger made with all the good stuff.

Check out The VBattery.Com

I've run a 16volt system for years - you can't beat it. I orginally used Turbostart which is now defunct and switched to this 16v AGM V-Battery and charger a few years ago - hands down the best 16volt setup I've ever used. They also have a great 12v/16v automatic charger made with all the good stuff.

Probably one of the best stuff but $$$$$$.

I think V Batteries are lithium, weigh around 5 lbs and cost over 1K.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Probably one of the best stuff but $$$$$$.

I think V Batteries are lithium, weigh around 5 lbs and cost over 1K.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Not all of them are big $$$. I promise mine wasn't anywhere near 1K. The regular "V battery" is what I have - the ultra light stuff probably runs the price tag way up. Either way, it's top shelf stuff.

Just FYI They were sued by Powermaster i believe on issues reguarding their output claims.

Curious, is a 16v system a viable/reliable option for a 500 - 1000 mile/year street driven car? Someone out there may have their car gutted and ready for a few modifications.:rolleyes:

Other than the battery, alternator and charger what else would be required to make it work? Would wiring need to be modified? What if any electrical items would not like 16v.:confused: :confused:

I still have a 16Volt TurboStart charger that we used on the ol boys twin. Let me know if your interested and I will dig it up.

I still have a 16Volt TurboStart charger Let me know if your interested and I will dig it up.

No Thanks, after viewing the picture it looks like you kept it in the bottom of a junk pile and for your asking price i well spend an extra $50.00 and get one brand new.

Guys, it looks like i well end up with the D1000 and matching charger.
Hopefully it holds up well as my alternator/pulley combo does not seem to charge at idle speed with my configuration.

Back