You can type here any text you want

160 AMP stock style alternator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MIB

Have you guys ever heard of one for a buick? I had one done up yesterday. I am not sure if I will need the extra amps but the price was right :D

Have you guys ever heard of one for a buick? I had one done up yesterday. I am not sure if I will need the extra amps but the price was right :D

They can be had all the way up to 200 amp. which is what I'm running.

I almost optioned for the 200 amp but my the guy warned me that I may not get "good" voltage at idle so I had him build me a 160 instead for $110.

I had mine done here locally. I am saw somewhere on another board that the kit cost @$95 for a 200 Amp for the DIY types.

I almost optioned for the 200 amp but my the guy warned me that I may not get "good" voltage at idle so I had him build me a 160 instead for $110.

I've never heard of that issue, but even if it were a problem, a slightly smaller pulley should solve that.
I haven't seen that issue though.

where did you get yours ?

I would tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you. ;) ;)

Sorry, could pass that one up. Honestly, I haven't been able to find the paperwork, a tiny alternator shop back up in WI where I used to live got it from a place in FL (the same place TBs.com get theirs, except I paid a ton less).
Any alternator shop worth their salt should have no trouble with the mod.

I agree. The shop here could have done mine. Maybe I will try the 200 amp on my other cars.

Turbobuicks.com has the 200 amp kits to convert your stock alternator.

200 AMP ALTERNATOR KIT

FYI, purchase this at your own risk. I have no personal experience with one on my car... but have a friend running one that came from there I think.

HTH

I've rebuilt a few alternators using the kit from TurboBuicks...it's a no-brainer to rebuild...there's a step by step procedure with pics on the Turbo Regal Web Site...no problems except I burned up a rectifier in the one on my race car...this was 2 years after rebuilding...why??...who knows...rebuilt it again and it's been fine...

Back