You can type here any text you want

17's or 18's?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
whats your backspacing?looks good.

Backspace on my rims is 5.5" with a rear end width of 59". I used aluminum drums which makes the rear end width 1/2" more than standard drums. The 9" being built with it is set to 59" as well. I have a ton more room.

I really dont think I could fit those 345's and be comfortable driving it around, that a freakin wide tire!!!

Here are a few pic's of our test car. It has 285/40-18's on the rear and 255/35-18's on the front and No Frame notch, just rolled lips on the rear and No modifications done up front to any lips..

Back spacing on frt & rear is 4.75

Going with 265's up front as soon as these wear out..

The second picture is how it sits right now, Lowering the front 1'' more and it should be perfect!

Scot W.

Attachments

• img_5682.jpg
    img_5682.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 241
  • misc 008.jpg
    misc 008.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 245
They have a 325/40/18, but that seems like it might be a little tall.

I dont think even with the notch I could fit the 345/35/18, but that would be sweet :biggrin:

(i) 325/40R18 <FONT COLOR="# FF0000 "><FONT SIZE=2>NEW TIRE!</FONT>

I just did a comparison of dimensions of the 345/35 vs my 315/30's. The section width of the 345's are 13.58"! My 315's are only 12.4" wide. I think I could fit the width in my notch but here's the problem, the 345's are 27.5" tall as compared to my 315's coming in at 25.44" tall. I dont know if I could gain another 2" of height. BUT.....in all reality i wouldnt actually be gaining 2" on the top of the tire, I'd only be gaining 1" into the wheel wells. the other 1" would be gained from the bottom of the rim to the pavement. I'm going to do some serious measuring and see if I can get those 345's in there! That would be freakin awesome! 13.58":eek: of tire hitting the pavement could get some serious traction that I know I'll need once I can afford to get my fuel system done.

Thanks ACLR8R, now you got my head spinning!!!:biggrin:

I just did a comparison of dimensions of the 345/35 vs my 315/30's. The section width of the 345's are 13.58"! My 315's are only 12.4" wide. I think I could fit the width in my notch but here's the problem, the 345's are 27.5" tall as compared to my 315's coming in at 25.44" tall. I dont know if I could gain another 2" of height. BUT.....in all reality i wouldnt actually be gaining 2" on the top of the tire, I'd only be gaining 1" into the wheel wells. the other 1" would be gained from the bottom of the rim to the pavement. I'm going to do some serious measuring and see if I can get those 345's in there! That would be freakin awesome! 13.58":eek: of tire hitting the pavement could get some serious traction that I know I'll need once I can afford to get my fuel system done.

Jeremy, you're probably always light headed from that corn fuel...come to think of it!:D

Do it, and I'll copy your combo :D

Back