You can type here any text you want

17x8.5 what Back Space

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
I will admit I did not research this here on the board,simply because the search prolly still dont work,,and figuring this is a simple ???,I can post it...

17x8.5 all 4 corners,please what BS :smile:

Most guys use between 4.0 and 4.5 inches of backspacing with 8" wide wheels. With the slightly wider wheel you're using (8.5"), I think that 4.5" is the right choice for the rear - any less and you might have interference with the fender lip.
I have a 17x8" wheel on the front of my car with a 4.5" BS and initially the wheel looked as if it was tucked too far under the front fender. I added drop spindles, which push the wheel outward somewhat and now it's perfect. With the slightly wider wheel you're using, 4.5" is probably the perfect choice for the front as well.

Post pics when you can...

HTH,
Rick

Yeah, RKH is pretty much right. Somewhere around 4.25-4.5.

4.25" is obviously exactly half, so the wheels would have zero offset, which works good with these cars. As he said though, you might want to go with 4.5" to pull the wheels away from the fenders a little bit. I run 18x8s and 18x9s, and if I make a tight turn into my driveway at night, the fronts rub the fenders.

Turbo6Chicago said:
Yeah, RKH is pretty much right. Somewhere around 4.25-4.5.

4.25" is obviously exactly half, so the wheels would have zero offset, which works good with these cars. As he said though, you might want to go with 4.5" to pull the wheels away from the fenders a little bit. I run 18x8s and 18x9s, and if I make a tight turn into my driveway at night, the fronts rub the fenders.
does the rubbing only happen at night :D :D

thanks guys ... :)

Back