17X9 GTA wheels are in

I would pay extra to have the wheels exactly the way I want them. 17x9 or 10 in the rear and 17x6 or 8 for the front. Please show pics of the wheel and tire bead area. If I got some I could send a pair off to be cut down to a 17x6 or smaller for the fronts. But I got to have some meats on the back and at least a 1 to 1 1/2 drop all the way around. I had the vision planned out in my head.

An UPDATE: I talked to Bruce at Hawk wheel,and ha told me that indeed they are 5 1/2 backset. He is going to send me adapters to make them work on the back. He said that they may have some made for our TB,but not until next year. I will poty pics When I put them on my GN.

An UPDATE: I talked to Bruce at Hawk wheel,and ha told me that indeed they are 5 1/2 backset. He is going to send me adapters to make them work on the back. He said that they may have some made for our TB,but not until next year. I will poty pics When I put them on my GN.
Thanks for that info. The original press release obviously stated a different backspacing. It's great they're making it right for you. I hope they make some us Buick guys. That'd be great

Are these 2 piece wheels?

If so how hard is it to change the back spacing during production?

D

If anybody has an answer AND the means to get it done, that would be
Mario987 I believe!! He currently sells the non dimpled 16" wheels with the GNX offsets!! I bought a pair from him and no complaints!! Maybe he can chime in do some investigating on whether its a possibilty!!

If anybody has an answer AND the means to get it done, that would be
Mario987 I believe!! He currently sells the non dimpled 16" wheels with the GNX offsets!! I bought a pair from him and no complaints!! Maybe he can chime in do some investigating on whether its a possibilty!!
Mario's wheels are beautiful,but with te 17's you have many more tire options. I found some 275 40 tires almost new to go with the 17's. As I mentioned Hawk is going to give me 2 1 1/2" adapters to fit on the back giving me a 4" backspacing which should work fine. Not that happy using an adapter,but the wheels are beautiful!!! I'll post pics 4nen I get them on. I also found a set of GTA wheels. I will use the fronts and sell the 4 front GTA wheels and tires that are currently on my car. I will also sell the backs of the set I bought.

I know something no body else knows about GNX 18's & 19's for the Gbody's & I am not saying anything....

I know something no body else knows about GNX 18's & 19's for the Gbody's & I am not saying anything....
Been waiting for years for an affordable replica like this. Although I could get them from HRE, but I could buy another TR for what they are asking for a set, lol

Me either!
That's too bad. Info could save some people a lot of money who are buying another set of wheels that they really don't want, thinking they'll never see a set of 18" GNX wheels, when they could sit back and patiently wait for a set if they're actually in the process of being created, like myself ;-)

Point being, Mario987 might be able to tell you if those can be re offset!! If they can be Im gonna by a set myself;)

That's too bad. Info could save some people a lot of money who are buying another set of wheels that they really don't want, thinking they'll never see a set of 18" GNX wheels, when they could sit back and patiently wait for a set if they're actually in the process of being created, like myself ;-)

personally.......... I'd wait.

Its all myth and BS until I see a pic of them on a Gn or Gbody with tires.. nobody cares about a stinkin firebird.

I'm in the market too, was waiting for these 17's and this happens, back to the drawing board . and you've spiked my interest on the "rumor". I'll just set back and watch

Just mounted the wheels. They are nice,BUT not that much different from 16's. Even with 275 40 tires I'll try to post pics tomorrow if not raining.