17X9 GTA wheels are in

Mark Parks

Just talked to Hawke Wheels in South Carolina And the wheels are in. Going to ship me 2 for the rear. Bought some 275 40 tires. Supposedly they will fit. I'll post a pic when I get them mounted!!!

I'd love to see a pic of them on the front as well. Just to see if the offset works.

Good news and bad news. I received the wheels today and they are beautiful. Bad news 5 1/2 backset. they hit the frame without the tire mounted!!! I figured that in order to have the proper backst they would have a 2" lip instead of the 1" lip the stock 16X8 has. I figure an 1 1/4 adapter to make the work.

Good news and bad news. I received the wheels today and they are beautiful. Bad news 5 1/2 backset. they hit the frame without the tire mounted!!! I figured that in order to have the proper backst they would have a 2" lip instead of the 1" lip the stock 16X8 has. I figure an 1 1/4 adapter to make the work.
so these don't come with 4.5 inch backspace?

So they basically lied about the backspacing.
They needed to add the additional inch to the front of the wheel instead of the back. My 16x8 wheels are a 4 1/2 backset. These are 5 1/2" backset. They are beautiful wheels!!! I guess I'll get adapters.

there gonna have a fire sale on these soon with that backspacing... that will be a crapp fit on a lot of cars .. TOO BAD :(