You can type here any text you want

17X9 snowflakes....thoughts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stroker-ace

Boosted-brick
Has anyone tired these on a regal yet? I think they would look pretty darn good...

2.jpg

Please let me know, i would love to see a picture of it if so.

Has anyone tired these on a regal yet? I think they would look pretty darn good...

2.jpg

A friend of mine bought a set for his 78 TA and they look very nice. I have not seen them on a GN yet but they probably would look pretty cool. I wonder if you can get the lugs in 12mm 1.5 for our cars? I guess a call to Year One would answer that. If so, I could probably put them on my car to see how the look.

A friend of mine bought a set for his 78 TA and they look very nice. I have not seen them on a GN yet but they probably would look pretty cool. I wonder if you can get the lugs in 12mm 1.5 for our cars? I guess a call to Year One would answer that. If so, I could probably put them on my car to see how the look.

Whats that about the lugs? would these not bolt up? what would you ahve t do to get them to fit?

2.jpg

been thinking about putting a set on my GN.... 17x9, silver, exactly like in the picture. :cool:

they will look out of place.
that style of wheel only works on a late 70's Trans Am with a big bird on the hood, they look like crap on anything else.

They actually look very nice on late model 3rd gen firebirds and TA's.

I used to have the 15x8 snowflakes on my old '87 GP, i'll see if i can get some pics posted. Hopefully that'll give ya some idea.

I used to have the 15x8 snowflakes on my old '87 GP, i'll see if i can get some pics posted. Hopefully that'll give ya some idea.

Sorry I don't have much skill at the photoshopping, but here is an attempt. I think they look really good on a GN.

GNsnowflakes.jpg

Before going with my CCW's I was going to go with these rims on my white T-Type. I was going to get mine through Year one and planed on getting the lighter ones.

I think they would look real good with black centers!

SW.

Sorry I don't have much skill at the photoshopping, but here is an attempt. I think they look really good on a GN.

GNsnowflakes.jpg

Hey! that came out pretty good! - better than I could do! certainly gives you an idea, and yeah, I like the look!

My main question would be about the backspacing. the YearOne website indicates the backspacing is 4 7/8", from what I've seen with other wheel designs, that's about 1/2" too much backspacing from an aesthetic perspective. I'm pretty sure they will fit fine, but I think they may be tucked in just slightly too far for my taste. IMO, G-bodies need zero or slightly negative offset and 4 7/8" bs on a 9" wide wheel is 3/8" positive offset.

Wow - good job on the photoshop Firechicken. I like them and agree with Scot W that the black centers would look killer. I wonder if the can polish the lip? I am going to call Year One and ask about lugs too.

Back