1800 HP Twin Turbo Grand National!

Nick, with all due respect for you and your friend Joe, did you post this link for our opinions?

Boring. Completely and utterly useless information to the majority of these board members. I couldn't even get past the first :)

I did not post this for opinions, but figured it is a GN, and a very unique one.

In my world, my passion for Buicks goes back before the turbo cars as I was restoring Skylarks until a saw a Grand National and drove one!

Having raced Pontiacs, Chevy's and Mopars, I like all of those rides, but the turbo Buick community has a special place in the car world. The pride and passion of most all owners have a connection unlike other makes and models, and the majority of my many good friends are from the turbo Buick world.

I know some owners may feel it is a crime to put a different engine in a GN or turbo Buick, but they have their reasons.

Fellow racers at the track find respect for a V-6, but the rest of the world sees a very neat and unique car, even if it is not a V-6. I do not have numbers, but my guess is the majority of owners on this board do not race and compete, but do like to see what others have done.

It is GN's like Joe's that get the "oh's and assumes" that helps popularity and value of all GN's!

A few years ago, we installed a LSA supercharged engine in a 3000 mile GN because he wanted it that way and he added 2 turbos on it later.

A GN has a unique mystique to also all car enthusiasts, no matter how it is powered.

I do not think you are a snob, but you are wrong with the "bored and useless information", and you mentioned God in your post, maybe HE could help with your preaching! :)

I did not post this for opinions, but figured it is a GN, and a very unique one.

In my world, my passion for Buicks goes back before the turbo cars as I was restoring Skylarks until a saw a Grand National and drove one!

Having raced Pontiacs, Chevy's and Mopars, I like all of those rides, but the turbo Buick community has a special place in the car world. The pride and passion of most all owners have a connection unlike other makes and models, and the majority of my many good friends are from the turbo Buick world.

I know some owners may feel it is a crime to put a different engine in a GN or turbo Buick, but they have their reasons.

Fellow racers at the track find respect for a V-6, but the rest of the world sees a very neat and unique car, even if it is not a V-6. I do not have numbers, but my guess is the majority of owners on this board do not race and compete, but do like to see what others have done.

It is GN's like Joe's that get the "oh's and assumes" that helps popularity and value of all GN's!

A few years ago, we installed a LSA supercharged engine in a 3000 mile GN because he wanted it that way and he added 2 turbos on it later.

A GN has a unique mystique to also all car enthusiasts, no matter how it is powered.

I do not think you are a snob, but you are wrong with the "bored and useless information", and you mentioned God in your post, maybe HE could help with your preaching! :)
And back to the bottom line: This is the "LOUNGE"

NY,

'Nuff said, I just think you're attacking the wrong guy.

We disagree, all is good.

I strongly disagree. It hurts us. When a "professional" performance expert chooses another motor to use in a GN, it tells the world our motors aren't worth a shit.

Again, I overwhelmingly disagree. There is no mystique when people think the GN was nothing more than another boring G-body. When they learn it was powered by a little turbo V-6, this is when the mystique is developed.

and you mentioned God in your post, maybe HE could help with your preaching! :)

I'm no preacher. God and I have spoken and have come to the conclusion we both agree on this. :)

I'm no preacher. God and I have spoken and have come to the conclusion we both agree on this. :)[/QUOTE]

That is a good one[emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"THEY" don't get it.

"WE" do.

"THEY" get their ass's handed to them on a regular basis.

What's not to "GET"?

NY,

'Nuff said, I just think you're attacking the wrong guy.

We disagree, all is good.
And to elaborate (and apologize if necessary). I'm afraid it may be too late.......But pleases don't think I'm attacking your friend Joe on a personal level. That's not who I am.

I just wish we had the support of people like your friend. I think I speak for a few (not all) when someone does this it makes me feel like our Buicks are being abandoned.

If nothing else...forgive me for being all gung-ho Buick. I guess to much emotion attached to this hobby can be a bad thing.

And to elaborate (and apologize if necessary). I'm afraid it may be too late.......But pleases don't think I'm attacking your friend Joe on a personal level. That's not who I am.

I just wish we had the support of people like your friend. I think I speak for a few (not all) when someone does this it makes me feel like our Buicks are being abandoned.

If nothing else...forgive me for being all gung-ho Buick. I guess to much emotion attached to this hobby can be a bad thing.
Joe has done a bunch for us, he's doing this one off thing to showcase his talents, and will possibly inherit AZGN if Nick doesn't feel it possible to keep managing it. Which would be a good thing.
Yes a V8 of any flavor is kind of an abomination in a GN, but thinking outside the box will bring us more and better parts for our dinosaur Buicks!

Joe has done a bunch for us, he's doing this one off thing to showcase his talents, and possibly inherit AZGN if Nick doesn't feel it possible to keep managing it.
Yes a V8 of any flavor is kind of an abomination in a GN, but thinking outside the box will bring us more and better parts for our dinosaur Buicks!
So the modern alternative for our dinosaur Buicks will be Ford V8's and LS motors?

A few years back, there was a company who went through a whole lot of expense and effort to give us the next generation Buick configured V6. And Nick is supposed to be one of the biggest salesman for that block. He couldn't convince Joe to use one? Maybe because there isn't anything left for us. Maybe because our little V6 is so shitty that even one of the biggest TA Block vendors in the US couldn't convince a friend to stick with the V6. Maybe because Joe is so knowledgeable, that he knows this already and we are nothing but ass-holes for continuing to use this V6 junk.

Well, then that does it. I'm out. I wasted everything. 25 years shot to shit! I can't even sell my Buick for 38 cents. Because it has a V6 in it.

I feel like Fredo.

Thank to those with positive comments and thanks to those with the negative ones as well. I knew from the start that this would be a very polarizing build and is a part of what motivates me to do it and see it thru.

NYTT, I am a huge supporter of any and all things Turbo Buick. I'm sorry you feel like I think Buick v6's are "shit" but I can assure you that is far from the truth. I have previously owned a v6 GN and will have another one after this build is completed. A local friend of mine has a Twin Turbo TTA v6 that is one of the fastest v6's Buick cars in the nation. I love the v6 platform and like I said I fully intend on building another one too.

Were you aware that I actually make 23 different products for the Turbo Regal platform? I'm guessing you didnt know that. I am not a sponsor of the site as of yet but have already spoken with Shane about doing so but I want to have my website fully completed and operational before I become a sponsor because having an uncompleted website doesn't help with sales and information.

Just to give you a heads up, I make & manufacture all of the following items in house and all of my products are 100% MADE IN THE USA!! I make 4 different versions of my Super Pumper fuel pumps and they are what I feel are the best, most reliable and upgradeable pumps for the Turbo Buick platform, I make a single DW300 version SP1, dual DW300 version SP2, single DW400 version SP3 and finally a single Walbro 450 version SP4, all available with either barbs or AN fittings. If you had a stock type build you could simply start off with a single DW300 and upgrade to a double later. I also just recently released an all aluminum direct replacement power steering reservoir that simply bolts in place of the stock plastic unit with zero modifications needed, it even has a stock type left hand threaded billet cap & dipstick that is vented like stock and even has a magnet epoxied in place as well. I make shifter handles, fuel pump block off plates, egr block off plates, E85 flex fuel sensor mounts, rear lower control arm braces and various other items.

You say you need support of people like me, how can I help you? Is there a specific product that you would like me to make and manufacture? I'm always open for thoughts and ideas of what products to make next. Is there something out there that you'd like to see made better or that can use improving? Please feel free to PM me your number or I'd be happy to provide you with mine so maybe you can lend me some guidance as to what products I should make or look at making, I'm very open to any and all ideas and am the type of person that can get it done for you. I can do one off parts or full production as well and that includes anything that needs to be laser cut, water jetted, CNC machined, fabricated or even cast.

Thanks!

Joe

Last edited:
NYTT, by the way, I'm originally from New York and have been called an asshole on more than one occasion, I know how we can be and tend to come off.

Also, when I build my next v6 car it will have the aluminum TA block you mentioned. I am very familiar with their products thru Nick and the owner of TA, Mike. When I started this project I happened to buy it as a roller and happened to have an engine that needed a home and wanted something different. That being said, I can still build a Coyote for less money than a Buick v6 and chose to do that for this build.

Thank to those with positive comments and thanks to those with the negative ones as well. I knew from the start that this would be a very polarizing build and is a part of what motivates me to do it and see it thru.

NYTT, I am a huge supporter of any and all things Turbo Buick. I'm sorry you feel like I think Buick v6's are "shit" but I can assure you that is far from the truth. I have previously owned a v6 GN and will have another one after this build is completed. A local friend of mine has a Twin Turbo TTA v6 that is one of the fastest v6's Buick cars in the nation. I love the v6 platform and like I said I fully intend on building another one too.

Were you aware that I actually make 23 different products for the Turbo Regal platform? I'm guessing you didnt know that. I am not a sponsor of the site as of yet but have already spoken with Shane about doing so, I want to have my website fully completed and operational before I become a sponsor because have a non completed website doesn't help with sales...

Just to give you a heads up, I make & manufacture all of the following items in house and all of my products are 100% MADE IN THE USA!! I make 4 different versions of my Super Pumper fuel pumps and they are what I feel are the best, most reliable and upgradeable pumps for the Turbo Buick platform, I make a single DW300 version SP1, dual DW300 version SP2, single DW400 version SP3 and finally a single Walbro 450 version SP4, all available with either barbs or AN fittings. If you had a stock type build you could simply start off with a single DW300 and upgrade to a double later. I also just recently released an all aluminum direct replacement power steering reservoir that simply bolts in place of the stock plastic unit with zero modifications needed, it even has a stock type left hand threaded billet cap & dipstick that is vented like stock and even has a magnet epoxied in place as well. I make shifter handles, fuel pump block off plates, egr block off plates, E85 flex fuel sensor mounts, rear lower control arm braces and various other items.

You say you need support of people like me, how can I help you? Is there a specific product that you would like me to make and manufacture? I'm always open for thoughts and ideas of what products to make next. Is there something out th that re that you'd like to see made better or that can use improving? Please feel free to PM me your number or I'd be happy to provide you with mine so maybe you can lend me some guidance as to what products I should make or look at making, I'm very open to any and all ideas and am the type of person that can get it done for you.

Thanks!

Joe
It's Very inconvenient and unfortunate for me, but most products used on my car must be heavily modified or custom built for my use. However, I do pray you continue to build parts and expand your offerings to support all TR owners throughout the community. And I only hope it proves profitable for you to do so. Because your talents should be well compensated for.

But Just answer me this. What reasons will you give when one may ask, "Why did you abandon the V6 in favor of the Ford V8?"
Because, if I were an uninformed newbee, there would be no line of shit that would convince me you didn't do it because you thought the V6 was a waste of time. And this is what hurts us.

Well that's a very simple answer, whether you want to believe it or not is on you. My answer would be because I bought a roller GN with no engine and trans, I had an engine and trans that needed a home, I was able to put the Ford powertrain in for a fraction of what a Buick engine would have cost and for the power I'm looking to make a Buick build would have been exponentially more expensive and I'm sorry but not nearly as reliable and drivable as what I'm putting in it.

You also have to realize that I am I true hot rodder, remember how they used to do things back in the 40's, 50's & 60's, people put in whatever they had laying around made it work in made it fast. I don't judge people for what they build, so long as it accomplishes the goal they set out and is fast and looks good doing so I'm all about it and give anyone respect for any project they wish to do. Who am I to judge, who are you to judge? I can say that seeing people in a thread bickering about a build does even less to help and promote the hobby.

One goal I had in doing this project was to get people talking, debating and piss people off for going against the grain. Guess what, it worked, goal accomplished!!

On a more serious note, should you ever need any parts that I make or need parts made feel free to reach out to me

Last edited:
Buick engine would have cost and for the power I'm looking to make a Buick build would have been exponentially more expensive and I'm sorry but not nearly as reliable and drivable as what I'm putting in it.

It's talent such as yours that we need to make this not so. This is what I hope for in the Buick world. I try to be this guy but I unfortunately lack the talent, creativity, skills and engineering experience to be him. But still I plow forward. On my back in a closet sized garage and in the cold. To say it can't be done is to say we give up. And it's not worth it. This is exactly the message you convey when you put a V8 Ford in a Buick. And I was hopping it wouldn't be your answer. And even though I expected it, it's still disappointing.

You also have to realize that I am I true hot rodder, remember how they used to do things back in the 40's, 50's & 60's, people put in whatever they had laying around made it work in made it fast. I don't judge people for what they build, so long as it accomplishes the goal they set out and is fast and looks good doing so I'm all about it and give anyone respect for any project they wish to do. Who am I to judge, who are you to judge? I can say that seeing people in a thread bickering about a build does even less to help and promote the hobby.

You and I differ on this history. I never took notice of any make or model car in my life. I didn't know or care what it took to run a lawnmower engine. To this day, I drive beaters and kill them with neglect. I would do the same to a Corvette, Mustang, or Ferrari for that manner. I brought one of my cars to the junk yard once just as it was catching fire. Don't even know what caused it to happen. And I didn't care. It's liberating actually. I can leave the windows down and the keys in them in the Bronx parked out in front of a construction site. I'm a TR guy. That's what I am. And that's it. So like many politically motivated decisions, My judgement is motivated by just that. Being a TR guy.

One goal I had in doing this project was to get people talking, debating and piss people off for going against the grain. Guess what, it worked, goal accomplished!!

None of this stuff is cheap. And neither is your V8 project. If I used a V8 LS motor in my combination it would have saved me the cost of building a Stage motor verses the cost of building an LS motor. This would have saved me about 10 grand. Which is only about 10 percent of the entire build cost. I still would have needed everything else. That ain't shit in the big picture. If you really want to get people talking, Build a 2000 horsepower Buick Configured V6 and drive it all over the frigging place! I guarantee you that there would be a lot more to talk about and debate. And if pissing people off was your goal, then you could piss off all those V8 guys. Becuse there are so many more of them to do it to. Trust me.......I never seem to run out of V8 guys to piss off.

Like I said, my next GN/TR build will be a big power Buick v6 as there are some things I want to do and try on that build.

I drive beaters too and in the same fashion as you as well, GF gives me shit be use i usually leave the keys in them too...

Funny, I just saw you're in Westchester, I'm from Yonkers and lived very close to Yonkers Raceway, my dad grew up in the Bronx, grand parents lived there for most of my childhood so I'm very familiar with those areas.

Like I said, my next GN/TR build will be a big power Buick v6 as there are some things I want to do and try on that build.

I drive beaters too and in the same fashion as you as well, GF gives me shit be use i usually leave the keys in them too...

Funny, I just saw you're in Westchester, I'm from Yonkers and lived very close to Yonkers Raceway, my dad grew up in the Bronx, grand parents lived there for most of my childhood so I'm very familiar with those areas.
I'm in New Rochelle. 46 years old. We will need to compare notes some time on the local assholes we are sure to both know.

Many reading this thread may not be picking up on this. But I'm actually enjoying this debate. But for now, I must say goodnight to you my friend. I need to wake up in 3 1/2 hours.

BTW. Ford motors (or V8's in general) don't have any business in TRs. :)

Idk where you been ny but most of the car world outside of tr land things our motors are shit. How many times have i heard at car shows "oh atill have the v6? Theyre so unreliable,tempermental etc. Almost like someone that is solely a single turbo guy and says youre killing buick engines idea of making power bc youre using 2 not one like the factory and the rest of the 99.9% percent of the community. I bleed Buick always have always will but these swaps dont "kill" ppls preception of our motors,they have been thinking theyre ahit for years and always will.

Funny, I just saw you're in Westchester, I'm from Yonkers and lived very close to Yonkers Raceway, my dad grew up in the Bronx, grand parents lived there for most of my childhood so I'm very familiar with those areas.[/QUOTE]

I gave you a like for the memories of growing up in the Bronx before moving to Palmer Rd by Yonkers Raceway. My dad worked there for a few decades both part time and full time, even after moving us to NJ, until it became a casino with horses.... As for the thread, I respect both opinions and the creativity. I'm just looking forward to getting mine running again one day so I come here to feed the urge!
Mark