You can type here any text you want

#195 Buick GN GNX is for sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kersey71

My brother in law is the second owner. He has had it for 12 years now. The car truly speaks for itself. The car has roughly 33k on it. The interior is impeccable. There is a rust spot on the hood the size of a silver dollar. The rubber is brand new. Driver side door the rubber gaskets around the door need to be replaced ae well the plastic trim. I want you to know everything about the car. This car as we all know can only go up in value. The car is located in Boston, MA. The price of the car is $62k. Please email with any questions, I can give the vin upon request.

hello is the car still for sale? what part of Boston are you in? thanks Fred

My brother in law is the second owner. He has had it for 12 years now. The car truly speaks for itself. The car has roughly 33k on it. The interior is impeccable. There is a rust spot on the hood the size of a silver dollar. The rubber is brand new. Driver side door the rubber gaskets around the door need to be replaced ae well the plastic trim. I want you to know everything about the car. This car as we all know can only go up in value. The car is located in Boston, MA. The price of the car is $62k. Please email with any questions, I can give the vin upon request.

Car is overpriced by about $20K. You should be able to get somewhere in the $40's. Why not fix the rust spot on the hood and repolace the gaskets. You may have better luck.

I like all the dreamers (especially the ones with NO NAMES :rolleyes: ) that surface when a GNX is for sale .. Don't like the car or the price MOVE on :mad: !!! Its HIS car to do with whatever he wants with it !!! oh do you have $50k+ to spend on one ??? :rolleyes: -

Its HIS car to do with whatever he wants with it

That's all that needs said.

In 10 yrs what will it be worth?

Good Luck with the sale.

I like all the dreamers (especially the ones with NO NAMES :rolleyes: ) that surface when a GNX is for sale .. Don't like the car or the price MOVE on :mad: !!! Its HIS car to do with whatever he wants with it !!! oh do you have $50k+ to spend on one ??? :rolleyes: -

Just trying to give him a little advise to help him get closer to his asking price. I doubt that car would fetch $50K in its as described condition, but one never knows what could happen.

Moreover, not everyone that offers constructive criticism (which is quite often the case seeing as how this is a FORUM for feedback amongst other things) is a dreamer. Although I have never owned a GNX, I currently own and have purchased many cars that are far more expensive than a GNX.

Sorry if I offended you with my post.

Just trying to give him a little advise to help him get closer to his asking price. I doubt that car would fetch $50K in its as described condition, but one never knows what could happen.

Moreover, not everyone that offers constructive criticism (which is quite often the case seeing as how this is a FORUM for feedback amongst other things) is a dreamer. Although I have never owned a GNX, I currently own and have purchased many cars that are far more expensive than a GNX.

Sorry if I offended you with my post.

wow... you went from $42k to $50k :rolleyes: guess you don't follow the GNX market very much :cool: I will say the car is worth what someone will pay in CASH !!

Way to go Grumpy!!! Thank you for shedding light on the GNX/ GN market values. A rusted GNX with over a 100,000 miles is worth in the 40k range.
By the way I have an original 460 mile G.N. for sale. I hope I can get $10,000 for it if a 33k mile GNX is ONLY worth $42,000.

wow... you went from $42k to $50k :rolleyes: guess you don't follow the GNX market very much :cool: I will say the car is worth what someone will pay in CASH !!

Take it easy there Grumpster...I never said $50K. I said I doubt it would fetch even that in its current as described condition. Just my opinion. Everybody has one including you. As far as following the GNX market, I have been following it since 87. I have seen 500 mile GNX's go for $30,000 in 2001 to $85,000 in 2008. Last year a GNX with mileage in the 20K - 30K range would fetch low $50's. This year it looks like a bit more. However, the economy is dragging and it will be very interesting to see if the values continue to climb or if they start to slide. There are some killer deals out there right now.

In any event, I will agree with your last comment in that a car is worth what someone will pay for it. That being said, it appears that this GNX is overpriced. Just my opinion. ;)

Way to go Grumpy!!! Thank you for shedding light on the GNX/ GN market values. A rusted GNX with over a 100,000 miles is worth in the 40k range.
By the way I have an original 460 mile G.N. for sale. I hope I can get $10,000 for it if a 33k mile GNX is ONLY worth $42,000.

reded427,

When you want to sell your GNX, let me know. :D

the economy is dragging and it will be very interesting to see if the values continue to climb or if they start to slide. There are some killer deals out there right now.

ok a little off topic BUT this is what I have found over the years (ya I am as old as the dirt on your shoe:p ) As $$$ gets tight to me it won't effect a car like the GNX.. remember only 547 ... thats it no more being made .. now look back at old muscle cars .. I was a die hard Ford guy :eek: Had a 65 427 Cobra (350 ish made) .. There prices have really never been hurt by the economy .. When things get tough the people that have them get MORE money IF they are willing to part with them. Been there and done it .. Rare cars "usually" do NOT go down . ok back to the regular programming now in progress :p oh one more thing about the Buick GN/GNX .. I believe they are the 427 Cobras of the 1980s . :biggrin:

ok a little off topic BUT this is what I have found over the years (ya I am as old as the dirt on your shoe:p ) As $$$ gets tight to me it won't effect a car like the GNX.. remember only 547 ... thats it no more being made .. now look back at old muscle cars .. I was a die hard Ford guy :eek: Had a 65 427 Cobra (350 ish made) .. There prices have really never been hurt by the economy .. When things get tough the people that have them get MORE money IF they are willing to part with them. Been there and done it .. Rare cars "usually" do NOT go down . ok back to the regular programming now in progress :p oh one more thing about the Buick GN/GNX .. I believe they are the 427 Cobras of the 1980s . :biggrin:

WHat did you do with your 65 427 Cobra???????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Love those Cobras!!! Classic muscle at its finest!!!! The GNX may be the 427 Cobra of the 1980's, but the 80's didn't produce much by way of performance. The Buick powered turbo cars were it for the 80's. There have been some serious strides since then. There are street cars with over 600HP now (Viper and Corvette ZR1). As far as the 427 Cobras were concerned, they were record holders for over almost 3 decades with their performance. Only when the Viper came out was the Cobra's record for 0-100-0 broken.

Do you have any pics you can post of the 427? :eek:

Grumpy, since the market for special cars is in the toilet, maybe now you'll sell me that 66?

Grumpy, since the market for special cars is in the toilet, maybe now you'll sell me that 66?

price hasn't dropped on "that" car at all.. :wink:

Cobra is long gone BUT we do hallucinate about another :rolleyes: :p

sorry for goin off topic here.. ttt for a GNX ;)

Back