You can type here any text you want

1968 Firebird convertible project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo F-bird

Don't see myself finishing it anytime soon so it's time to put in the hands of someone who will. This was to be my ultimate street car with a Buick Turbo drivetrain but after 10 years of waiting the dream is over. There is no eng/trans included here.

New trunk floor, new 1/4's, new tail light panel, custom subframe connectors, custom rollbar that tucks into ashwell panels to maximize interior space, fold down rear seat, underneath of car has been painted chassis black. Rebuilt 8.5" disc brake 3.42 posi with fiberglass leaf springs, repro fuel tank with GN fuel pump pan, sending unit and Walbro 340, modified '79 Firebird front subframe (with Buick V6 frame brackets) to fit the '68 chassis and bumper brackets, urethane bushings, Vette Brakes fiberglass transverse front leaf spring kit, tubular upper control arms, big block Camaro heater box with new core and blower motor, rebuilt wiper motor, new stock front disc brakes, all steering components new, has modified Mustang Cobra 17x9's on the front, rears have not been fit up yet.

I have a good pair of doors, pretty good GM front fenders and wheel wells, two front bumper assemblies, a new top in the box, new dash pad, an Ididit tilt column, a new power brake booster, rebuilt 4 whl disc master cyl, new 4 whl disc proportioning valve, fiberglass 400 hood, fiberglass wheel wells, trunklid, cowl panel, bumpers, splash pan and 2 sets of fenders. I probably have more new stuff for it but I can't recall it now. There's one rotted area at the bottom of the driver's side of the firewall. I believe they make a patch panel for that now so it shouldn't be too tough.

I was mating a Buick wiring harness to the Firebird dash when progress halted a few years back. Now it's time to part ways. I have well over 12K invested but if I can get $4500 for it I'll call it a day. I need to buy a TR and enjoy the rest of my life!
It's in Wakefield, Massachusetts in my garage gathering dust. If someone wants it for a non-Buick build up I can pull the Buick specific stuff off it and adjust the price accordingly.
Can't see how to post pics so if someone wants them I'll be glad to email them.

Price reduction

You know what? I'm going to bite the bullet and drop the price to $3500 because I need to move on and and I really want to buy a Buick. I'd be interested in a trade towards a Buick or just an outright sale. So if you ever wanted to repower an old Camaro/Firebird with a Buick drivetrain this may be your car!

The interior needs a good cleaning (it's white) but I don't think it was ripped anywhere. The fold down rear seat is from a Camaro with a black deluxe interior so it doesn't match. It's all out right now (as you'll see when I send the pics) since the car is pretty much all apart. I'll email the pics this morning.

send pics to me and Ill post them here !!! you will get more action with pics !! now send them :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Anybody know about shipping a car? I would be interested if I could ship it down to alabama reasonably.

Back