You can type here any text you want

1969 AMX 2-seater 390 4-speed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RussellinNC

Car lover!!!!!!!!!!!
Im fixing to have a look at one of these cars. Anyone on here know much about how rare they are or what they are worth for a running driving car? Things to look for on them good or bad? How do you tell if it has the "GO PACK" option?

Thanks
Russ :cool:

I would go to an amc site for that one.those are cool looking cars. i would have to say a 2 seater 390 4 speed car has to be rare. I will try to call my sister tomorrow. her nieghbor is big into amc cars . i seen his kids car in car craft. i have never talked to the guy before. but my brother-in-law said the guy is cool. i will see what he says and let you know tomorrow.

I love AMC's. I had two Javelins, one Javelin SST and an AMX Javelin with a built 401. That was one of the best V8 cars I have ever owned. I can't remember the drivetrain options for the go-pac but the go-pac cars had stripes on them. If I can remember the heads changed in 1970 to the dog leg style exhaust ports, I still have a new set of headers for an AMX with dog leg exhaust ports, don't know what I'll ever do with them.:confused:
The two seater AMX is a little light in the front end at high speed but they are fun and quick. There was not a big aftermarket for parts when I had mine and I am not sure whats out there now. I can remember the factory high performance parts were expensive if you could find them such as the cross ram setups. I have an AMC factory book somewhere that shows you how to build and race AMC motors. It's kinda cool to be different and I used to lay the smack down on quite a few cars with mine. Good luck :D

Update

I went and looked at the car today. Pretty nice car.

Has a 390
4-speed
Power Steering
Power Disc Brakes
Tilt wheel
Factory rear traction bars
Factory Tach
Clock

I should know tomorrow for sure if im going to get it. We are working out a trade.

I will play with and tinker with it a while and most likely in the long run resell it.

Anymore info or tips you guys have on value or things to look at let me know.

Thanks
Russell:cool:

One of the weekend horsepower shows had a feature on a 1970 AMX with the dogleg heads this past weekend. They said there were about 4500 build. I don't know if that helps you or not.

I dig the 70 AMX with the functional ram air hood, some don't like them but I think they are awesome. I also love the Mark Donahue Javelins. The 70 390 heads were the best flowing stock heads you could get:eek:

Back