You can type here any text you want

1981 Gp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LilSpann601

Whats up i have a 81 gp with a 231 v6...the car compared to my vic is a slug what can i do to this gp to juice it just a bit...I wanted to add a supercharger but the parts are hard to find....I also plan on changing the head gasket...sometimes when i crank it it doesn't smoke but soon as i drive it and the temp gets over 220 the car starts to smoke...

well today i finally got everything back together and i started her up and she smoked for about 15 minutes then she stopped smoking...I plan on driving her soon but I will keep letting her run everyday into I do drive her..I also used gasket sealer on the head gaskets even thou it said dont...and I also gotta find a large bolt to put in the hole where the pipe that ran to the smog pump went...if she doesn't smoke and she runs good im going to try a turbo carb

and I also gotta find a large bolt to put in the hole where the pipe that ran to the smog pump went...

Was there a check valve screwed in there? If so, it's pipe thread. Go to the hardware store an get a plug. I think it's either 1/2" or 3/4".

yes i managed to jam something in the hole for right now into i know for sure the motor is in good condition...Is there anyway I can elminate my vacuum lines

...sometimes when i crank it it doesn't smoke but soon as i drive it and the temp gets over 220 the car starts to smoke...

That sounds pretty bad. Those types of problems are warning flags that something is severely wrong with the engine.

Running that hot will eventually kill your transmission too. :(

Back