You can type here any text you want

1983 TType

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickruss

Will the early 83 and 84 cars show a G80 code for the posi rear? If not what is the code to look for?

Russ

The 83's had a 7.5" rear so I don't know whether it would have the G80 on the tag. Mine has a tag on the rear.

The 83's had a 7.5" rear so I don't know whether it would have the G80 on the tag. Mine has a tag on the rear.

Yeah mine too, I've never ever had any luck looking for codes. so I looked for the tag that said: use limited slip diff lube only

OR
take the cover off and look! that's the best route plus you can count teeth and do the math and see what ratio the gears are.

Yeah mine too, I've never ever had any luck looking for codes. so I looked for the tag that said: use limited slip diff lube only

OR
take the cover off and look! that's the best route plus you can count teeth and do the math and see what ratio the gears are.

ALL of the 83 t's had 3.42 gears in them. The info is on Rich's site.:biggrin: As far as the other years you'll have to pull the covers and count the teeth.

Back