1984 Grand National

justin84

done
I am looking to get back to the hotair world as well. I would prefer one that needs a bit of love. I have plenty of the TR's now but want something I can wrench on for fun. The car has to be an 84 GN. If you have another hotair car with the Lear Siegler interior I will talk:biggrin::biggrin: Must run and drive. Also, know the value of your car. If you have an 84 and it needs a bit of work it is worth the 2000 range. Yes, I know all the facts, I have had a few. There were 2000 made only so much had T-tops and bla. The fact is that this is going to be a toy/driver not a show car. If I wanted show/fast well...I have a few of those. Thanks

I have one. But I am looking for a nice clean 86/87. Must have NO RUST and good interior. Paint is no big deal. Must run and drive. I would give you the car and cash.

Nix

I have one. But I am looking for a nice clean 86/87. Must have NO RUST and good interior. Paint is no big deal. Must run and drive. I would give you the car and cash.

Nix

Does it meet my requirements? Good interior? Let's see it.

if you are lucky to find one with a good lear interior you will probably pay more than 2 grand, that was the first thing to go in those cars.

Thanks for your input. I have had 3 of them with decent interiors, 2 of them were beautiful. All right at 2000 dollars. I thought it was luck at the time but after the third time it is not. The fact is those cars are not worth a ton of money. In most cases just the engine in an 86/87 is worth more. There are too many things to consider when it comes to price. As far as the Lear interior, I don't expect perfect but I don't want all of the foam gone. I will get slammed by the hotair guys but it is a fact. The 84-85 cars just aren't as desirable.

My car does not have a good interior. But I was hoping we could do a little trade for one of your GN's or T-Types :D. My car runs and drivers very well, but has rust issues. And its a T-Top car.

ZNix

That would most definetly depend on what first: you think your car is worth...second: how much cash you have to add to the deal? That was not my intention but I will surely entertain offers. Thanks Zinx

I can bring about 6500-7 to the table plus the car. I think the car is worth at least 2500$. Maybe 3 if it was in a good market. I know you wanted to add to the collection, but if someone would take my car in a trade, I would have gone elsewhere because there are a few cars on here that I really liked. You seem to be the only one wanting one of these.

Thanks
Nix

If interested I have an 84 with an '87 drivetrain; only has ~1,600 miles on it and I have paperwork to prove it. The motor is clean enough to eat off of and has its fair share of mods. Interior is very clean except for 2 tears on driver's seat, but they aren't that bad (just had a brand new headliner installed last week). Has concert sound with aftermarket Pioneer speakers in all locations, along with Alpine headunit and its also wired for a sub. Has 87 GN rims with Mickey T drag radials on the back; front tires have at least 75%+ tread on them.

Body is straight but does need window seals on driver's side at least. Just finished taking care of some rust on the floorpans - patched them with Bondo and sealed it with Rust Killer primer and 3M Rubber Undercoat.

Would need more than $2,000 but if you're interested hit me with a PM...