You can type here any text you want

1986 T-Type, 43K Miles - $7900

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

donny1973

86 T-Type turbo with 43,xxx original miles. Original Florida car that spent a few years in Southern California. Owned by the same family since new. Car is excellent mechanically, bone stock and fast - no modifications. Interior is in very good condition with slight sun fading on upper portion of rear seat and carpet. A/C was charged about 5 years ago and still blows cold, but could probably be cooler with a recharge.

The car will need some cosmetics. It was originally Silver/Grey and was painted black in the late '80s and a set of GN wheels was added. The paint is faded from sun exposure and it has some rust at the bottoms of the doors and edge of the deck lid, but the body shell is rust-free (this is Florida rust, not Midwest rust). It was garaged until about about 2 1/2 years ago and has been in a driveway since, hence the fading and rust from the rain and humidity. It also has some dings here and there. The front bumper fillers are shot but I will include a new set of OEM fillers with the car. The rear fillers are starting to go as well. The rear view mirror recently detached from the windshield due to the heat. I have the mirror and it is in fine condition. The digital tachometer doesn't seem to be accurate, I understand this is not unusual for GN's and T Types.

This is an unmolested, low mileage, Turbo Regal that has never been abused. It will be very easy and inexpensive to resolve the cosmetic issues. The car has never suffered any collision damage and is very straight. The mileage is legitimate and driving the car you will know it.

If it doesn't sell by next Saturday, 6/9, it's off to Evilbay. Located in Palm Beach, Florida. $7900

Can email more pics.

Donny
561-213-2048

Attachments

• grand_national_001[1].jpg
    grand_national_001[1].jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 565
  • grand_national_002[1].jpg
    grand_national_002[1].jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 553
  • grand_national_003[1].jpg
    grand_national_003[1].jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 553
  • grand_national_006[1].jpg
    grand_national_006[1].jpg
    60 KB · Views: 546
  • grand_national_020[1].jpg
    grand_national_020[1].jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 550
All pics to wanner@kc.rr.com

Send vin number please.

Is Florida rust worse than midwest rust, ie ROT?
Just wondering, looking forward to some pics.

I assume is a silver grey with grey interior with column shift and no console, hardtop?
BW

Send vin number please.

I assume is a silver grey with grey interior with column shift and no console, hardtop?
BW

When people from the Midwest say a car is rusty, I've found it to mean there's nothing holding the sheetmetal in place except paint. I'll email you a link that has some more pics. There are several shots of the rust. It's really not that bad. This car spent its whole life in Florida and Los Angeles - no snow or salted roads. The doors and deck lid could easily be fixed, or swapped out for little money - replacement panels are cheap and plentiful. If you're still interested, I'll get you the VIN tomorrow.

Send vin number please.

BW

I've had a lot of questions regarding the rust on this car. I have made it out to be worse than it is so no one is unpleasantly surprised. I have seen cars from Ohio, Wisconsin, Indiana, etc with more rust than this one being described as rust-free. This is a very solid, low mileage car priced below market value.

I've decided to keep this car. The more I look at it and drive it, the more I like it. I've been restoring GS's for many years and currently have three of them. This is my first turbo car and I'm enjoying it as much as I enjoy driving my '71 Stage 1.

This one is bone stock, so I'll be posting soon for advice on simple bolt-on upgrades with no downside or risk to the low mileage drivetrain.

Donny

NOBODY LIKES A TEASER!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Just kidding enjoy it!!:wink:

Back