You can type here any text you want

1986 ttop questions trim and lock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quentin Earl

Im in the process of installing t top weatherstripping. I noticed the the black trim around the t top glass is cracked and missing pieces. From the other forums I read these are not factory? Do I need to remove them or try and replace them. Also the lock in the fronts are larger than the rear but the rods are the same size so they have a lot of slack in the front. Is there a piece im missing? I recently purchased the car and dont know any of the real history. coulnt get pics to upload. Sorry

As far as the t top lock, there are cylindrical nylon bushings that go in the hole, see if they are still there

If you mean around the edge of the T-Top glass...no...there isn't any trim...also not sure what you are referring to as "not factory"...the T-Tops or the trim around the edge...T-Tops are from the factory...at least on my car they are...

If you mean around the edge of the T-Top glass...no...there isn't any trim...also not sure what you are referring to as "not factory"...the T-Tops or the trim around the edge...T-Tops are from the factory...at least on my car they are...

Actually the older Glass (non locking style) does have plastic around the edge. It is a thin black plastic. They should have probablly kept it. I have sold a lot of glass due to customers sitting the glass on the garage floor to come out the next day & see a pile of glass. The glass is tempered & the plastic edge protected the glass.

Back