You can type here any text you want

1986 WH1 Designer Series T-Type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboman38

It costs money to go fast
I have an 86 T-type WH1 designer series for sale. The motor was rebuilt with all the good stuff many years ago but I have only put around 5000 miles on it. It has been in storage for 3 years but has been started and driven several times. Car has run 11.27 at 118 in race trim on drag radials with a TE60 turbo. It now has a TE61 turbo and I have not run it with the new turbo. As I said the motor has around 5000 miles on it. Here is a short list of what was done to the motor:
New: pistons, rods, crank, 206 cam
Heads: Champion irons
Motor is 30 over is runs good.
Tranny was rebuilt with motor.
Has a 3.73 gear in the rear.

Asking $10,900

Here are some pictures
side3.jpg
hood up.jpg
hood up.jpg but I can send more upon request.

Last edited:
you said pistons, crank, rods, and cam do you know what brand and who built it ?

I know they are forged but am unsure of brand. My engine builder got them. I know they were replaced because The motor is 30 over.

Unsure of the piston brand but they are forged. Rods and crank were bought new from the dealer. Frank Wyshynski built the motor. I know I screwed up the spelling of his last name but he used to race a T Type that turned low 9s and built his own motors. His nick name is Ski and he lives in Aliquippa PA.

Yes that is a vacuum brake setup.

I'm in Erie PA. Zip is 16509. Car is still in storage so give me a heads up if anyone is interested. Erie is about two hours north of Pittsburgh and 1 1/2 hours west of Buffalo. About 2 hours East of Cleveland Ohio.

WOW WHAT A STEAL. Very nice car here. Drives like a new car. Very tight comfortable drive. Car is super clean and pulls very hard. Jim sucks to see you sell this car you had it so long. Good luck Jim.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Get solid on what the mileage is.
Wanna see pics of undercarriage, more engine bay, door jambs, around trunk seal.

Any chance you got the original wheels?

N89 rims are easily obtainable.
Avg cost for 4 is about $200.
And be sure to purchase a case of Eagle1 Mag Wheel Cleaner with them. - For starters.
But they are my favorite wheel on that car.

Back