You can type here any text you want

1987 GN in Texas

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Charlie6

Hate to say it but I'm selling my GN because I need to buy a house. Here is a brief description of the car.

-1987 GN with 62,000 miles
-Certified on GN Registry
-.030 over
-forged pistons w/ rods
-ported/polished stock heads w/ valves
-mild cam
-50lb inj.
-Precision 53 turbo
-ported/polished Plenum
-custom CAI
-3" radiator w/ dual elec. fans
-lots of chrome
-custom chip
-built trans. w/ clutches and anti ballooning plates
-3.73 gears
-Weld Telestar's w/ drag radials
-Hooker exhaust w/ 3" downpipe and electronic cut out
-air bags
-Scanmaster2
-Custom center console
-much more
-has run 11.9 but can go faster w/ more boost, I never run the car with full boost
-car used mostly for shows and cruisin
-multiple show winner,lots of trophies

Car is beautiful inside and out. Asking price is $24,500. Will send pictures if interested.

I do not agree. I've seen some of the cars for sale that are a few thousand less and they don't have half the mods. on mine. They also don't look any better, inside or out. I think it's a fair price for a collector car that can beat most things on the street yet get 1st place trophies & best of show awards too.

Sorry dude,

He's right. 20K is going to be a stretch in this market.

Sounds like a nice car.

I know the market isn't the best but certain cars are worth the money. There is possibly a little more flexibility in the price but not much. I am already losing too much at the current price.

I know the market isn't the best but certain cars are worth the money. There is possibly a little more flexibility in the price but not much. I am already losing too much at the current price.

good luck with the sale. I'm interested in how you do. Please keep us posted.

my t-type needs company.

Man I Wish I Could Get All The Money Back Ive Spent On Performance Mods But That Also Brings Up Another Point If It Has Alot Of Mods It Not As Collectible Anymore Just My Opinion For Instance There Is A 26,000 Mile Here In Texas 1 Owner Can Be Bought For 19,500.00 And I Maybe Crazy But I Think Thats A Little High In This Market Today

Man I Wish I Could Get All The Money Back Ive Spent On Performance Mods But That Also Brings Up Another Point If It Has Alot Of Mods It Not As Collectible Anymore Just My Opinion For Instance There Is A 26,000 Mile Here In Texas 1 Owner Can Be Bought For 19,500.00 And I Maybe Crazy But I Think Thats A Little High In This Market Today

Man, that is the longest run-on sentence I have ever seen! :eek:

But as hard as it was to read- I have to agree with it!

I have found a house so the car needs to go ASAP. I'll knock off another $500, now $23,000.

Good luck with your sale and don't give it away. Pics will certainly help and remember the car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Don't be discouraged by the market - cars are moving - I picked up my low mile GN in early December.

Bill
--------------------------------------------
87 GN - 38K, mods, and Trailored 1300 miles from MI.

Hey Brother Texan Im Not Trying To Upset You Im Just Goin By What Ive Seen. And Its Not Like Its A 15000 Mile Car, If It Was I Would'nt Be Saying Anything. But It Is A 62000 Mile Car, Thats What They Are Goin For Sorry To Bust Your Bubble But In Realitythere Is Probley 20,192 Other Guys Think Theirs Are $20k To. My Turbo T/a With 50k Or My 86 Gn 51k Which I Bought Last Week For 12k And The Car Is Flawless. I Think It All Depends On How Much You Like That House Is To How Motivated You Are To Sell That Great Ride. Good Luck I Hope It All Works Out

I've seen what a lot of them are selling for both stock and modified. I think my price is more than fair considering what it would cost to find one in excellent condition and then have all the mods. done to it. Yes mine has almost 62,000 miles but considering the motor, trans., and suspension have been redone it doesn't matter. I'd rather get a GN w/ 50,000-60,000 miles that has been rebuilt than a stock one w/ 20,000=30,000 miles that has a 22 year old drivetrain and suspension. Regardless of the market these cars are more valuable every year, the closer to 30 years old they get the better.

You're not going to get anywhere near what you're asking that car. I don't even need to look at it. So your options are this, keep it because no one will give you what you think it's worth OR sell it for a realistic price and be bitter about it. Trust me, you're better off coming up with the $20k for your house some other way. I went through the same thing with my '67 GTO 14-years ago. I thought I had to sell it in order to buy my first house. The extra cash certainly made the purchase easier, but in retrospect there were things I could have done to keep the car and buy the house. I miss that car, and I could never afford to buy another one like it since they've appreciated so much. The GN will be the same way. Don't sell it thinking you'll get another one some day - you'll never get yours back.

Just my .02.

Jim

Back