You can type here any text you want

1987 Gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ryeguy87GN

87FSTGN
87 GN 66000miles, Mods include gt6152e turbo, 204/214edelbrock cam and lifters, walbro340pump and hotwire kit, turbotweak 92 streat chip, ported heads with 918 beehive springs and titanium retainers. Clean car, some rock chips. Lots of chrome underhood. Have window sticker, invoice, and all factory owners manuals and supplements. Also has vigilante non lockup converter in tranny, it has a 3200 stahl. I had the car listed locally for 16000 obo but took it out to a car show on Sat. and through a rod bearing I believe. Would like to get 13000 out of it. The motor was replaced 400 miles ago, The numbers matching motor also through a rod bearing. Will get both motors, 1 set of extra heads. Numbers matching motor can be easily rebuilt no piston damage, is 30 over with forged pistons, only 100 miles when it through the rod bearing. Can be seen atwww.freewebs.com/rye_24/ If no interest I may just part it out. I am pretty fed up with the problems I have had and Just want dependability again.

You should pull the valve covers and check for a bent push rod or a loose tourqe converter bolt. I can't belive your luck is that bad to have another rod knock.
Rule out all out everything else before jumping to conclution.

You will have a better chance of getting a good buck.

Good luck my friend. Rick

Back