You can type here any text you want

1987 Grand National for sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
First let me say that I am not accusing anybody of doing anything. That being said, there is something very suspect with this. I had a bodyshop(for 17 years) and have seen my fair share of shady tow companies. They busted a local tow company here several years ago for this very situation. They were targeting individuals that had passed away by going to the residences and towing vehicles that were left. They would then go through the whole mechanics lien process to get the title. If someone is seriously interested in this car they need to make sure that all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. On another note, there is something very immoral about someone profiting like this from someones death over a couple hundred dollar toe bill. :cool:

seems to me exact,trying to make a big score,to me the car is worth 10,000 grand,but in any sense good luck with the sale.

Vin is....1G4GJ1173HP4624466. It is in CT, by the way. Sorry, this is my first time trying to sell a car.....at least, online. If I leave out anything else, just let me know, or if you have any other questions.

How about the corect vin, too many numbers after the HP......

x2

I can't imagine why the front bumper rubber would need to be changed unless there was an accident. What did Carfax say?? GN'S came from the factory with all black bumper strips-this one has the white stripe around it.

So I talked to the neighbor yesterday, about it. He says he won't sell it for less than 20, so I'm sorry if I waisted some of you guys' time.

As for it being legal and all, he works for the police dept., so I have to imagine it's legal. Not that cops never break laws.....but it was the cops that had him impound the car, due to tax issues.

I asked him about the tires, and he said they aren't THAT worn, they are just rotted. If it stops snowing, I'll take a better picture of it to show.

And thanks for the tip on getting her a wash. I don't know if he will or not, and I sure as hell ain't forkin' up the cash for it, lol.

I'll also ask him about the bumper, but he said the carfax report didn't come up with any type of accidents, or such. Who knows, though, with older cars.

So I talked to the neighbor yesterday, about it. He says he won't sell it for less than 20, so I'm sorry if I waisted some of you guys' time.

As for it being legal and all, he works for the police dept., so I have to imagine it's legal. Not that cops never break laws.....but it was the cops that had him impound the car, due to tax issues.

I asked him about the tires, and he said they aren't THAT worn, they are just rotted. If it stops snowing, I'll take a better picture of it to show.

And thanks for the tip on getting her a wash. I don't know if he will or not, and I sure as hell ain't forkin' up the cash for it, lol.

I'll also ask him about the bumper, but he said the carfax report didn't come up with any type of accidents, or such. Who knows, though, with older cars.

Just some food for thought. You may want to protect yourself a little with this car. First off, no tow company works for the police department. They are simply on a rotational list. Secondly, local law enforcement will never ever impount a car for "tax reasons". Either the IRS will show up and haul everything off, or the county sheriff may get involved with locking down a location until auction, but never will a local pd ask a tow company to impound a vehicle at the tow companies yard. That scenario would make absolutely no sense. It seems to me that your a fairly straight forward and honest person(from your posts), but I'm sorry, your "neighbor" is completely full of it. You would be best served to stay as far away from that whole scenario as you can, because there is most likely going to be fallout at some time. Peace. Have a good Xmas.

Just some food for thought. You may want to protect yourself a little with this car. First off, no tow company works for the police department. They are simply on a rotational list. Secondly, local law enforcement will never ever impount a car for "tax reasons". Either the IRS will show up and haul everything off, or the county sheriff may get involved with locking down a location until auction, but never will a local pd ask a tow company to impound a vehicle at the tow companies yard. That scenario would make absolutely no sense. It seems to me that your a fairly straight forward and honest person(from your posts), but I'm sorry, your "neighbor" is completely full of it. You would be best served to stay as far away from that whole scenario as you can, because there is most likely going to be fallout at some time. Peace. Have a good Xmas.

Well, I'm not entirely sure on the details myself. He told me the story a while ago...but even then, I was curious, but he has the title, and everything, and it's now in his name. It just doesn't seem like he could have done that the shady way...

And for the rest of you guys, I don't know if there is a MOD, or anything, but he can delete this thread, if he/she wishes. I asked my neighbor to wash his car, in order to make the sale easier, and I **** you not, he tells me this ..."It needs new paint, so why should I wash it?". He also won't budge on his prices, even after I told him what some people are asking for their equally nice cars, with similar mileage. So, he is on his own with this thing. If he doesn't want to put some effort into selling his car, I don't see why I should. Sorry for waisting your time, folks.

hey

And for the rest of you guys, I don't know if there is a MOD, or anything, but he can delete this thread, if he/she wishes. I asked my neighbor to wash his car, in order to make the sale easier, and I **** you not, he tells me this ..."It needs new paint, so why should I wash it?". He also won't budge on his prices, even after I told him what some people are asking for their equally nice cars, with similar mileage. So, he is on his own with this thing. If he doesn't want to put some effort into selling his car, I don't see why I should. Sorry for waisting your time, folks.

I think your doing the right thing by stepping out now have a good xmas man

Well said, my thoughts too. Everyone should have a 401k plan....But they usually don't include a G body in the portfolio. :)

Run away from this neighbor.

Im not gonna delete this, no friggin way :eek: Why should we delete it, its a cars for sale section?

BW

Back