1987 Regal LS3 Conversion for sale

nwarky

FOR SALE: 1987 Buick Regal LS3 conversion; was originally a Turbo Regal; chosen for conversion due to combination of a “worn out” original drive train in a 57,108 miles nonsmoker car without any rust and an excellent interior without any weird smells. Car was built to be an everyday driver that would occasionally go to the track and play with the LS crowd. Project has turned out as planned but other factors will not allow car to be used and enjoyed as hoped. Less than 7000 miles since completion of conversion. Listing price is $43,500 which represents about 2/3 the total actual costs of the project. Here is a chance to own a g-body LS professional conversion that is totally ready to enjoy from day one. All options installed are working including a/c. Cruise control for this engine/transmission combo has not been installed. Design of installation allows for future options of supercharging or turbocharging. As it sits this is a super nice car but to be perfect it needs a new paint job. It has had a repaint in the past but it was done on a budget no doubt. Unfortunately I am a perfectionist so I am very critical of even my own cars. Again, the car has no rust but the paint is of poor quality. There are some paint chips as expected from a driven car and there are a couple of “outward” dings on the trunk lid where the lid was closed on something just a little too tall. I have tried to be thorough in my description but undoubtedly additional questions will arise. Two loose leaf binders of receipts and part numbers will go with the car. Best way to contact me is at deanpapageorge@gmail.com.

DRIVETRAIN: GM Connect & Cruise LS3 and 4L65E transmission with 2800-3000 rpm stall torque converter; new Moser 12 bolt GM rear with Wavetrac differential, 35 spline axles, 3.42 axle ratio, and 1350 yoke; new custom drive shaft; drive shaft loop

BRAKES: Four wheel discs set up - Baer 13” Front Track 4 and 13” Rear SS4+ with Parking Brake; new power brake diaphragm and master cylinder; manual Baer rear proportioning valve

SUSPENSION: New UMI upper and lower front control arms and front sway bar; Bilstein shocks front and rear; HRpartsNstuff rear suspension package; front chassis brace from SC&C; rear chassis brace

COOLING SYSTEM: New Alradco radiator; oil and transmission fluid coolers from Setrab; all lines new with AN fittings; new heater core; dual electric fans

FUEL SYSTEM: New Walbro fuel pump and sending unit; new gas tank; all fuel lines new with AN fittings

TIRES/WHEELS: Staggered wheel set up; CCW “Classic” 2 piece wheels which were out of production but made thanks to a “special order”; front wheels 17 x 9 with 4.75 backspacing; rear wheels 17x9.5 with 4.75 backspacing; front tires Sumitomo 245-45-17 with rears 275-40 17

INTERIOR: Newly recovered Lear Seigler seats from a 1984 Grand National; new headliner; Dakota Digital VHX dash; new Clarion stereo; all new speakers – tweeters in the dash, 2-ways in the doors, and 6x9 3-ways in the rear shelf; Kirban’s Touch & Go Security system installed

EXHAUST: Hedman mid length headers with their silver ceramic coating; dual 2 ½ inch system with Hushpower mufflers
100_5488.JPG
100_5489.JPG
100_5490.JPG
100_5492.JPG
100_5497.JPG
100_5499.JPG
100_5500.JPG
100_5502.JPG
100_5503.JPG

I appreciate the interest but the reason my car's for sale is I can no longer enjoy the racing. I am hoping to find someone who wishes to enjoy a little racing while being able to drive this car anywhere and any distance without a second thought. My daily driver needs have changed. Thanks for looking.

I don't understand your objection. Just honestly describing the car. Raced and beat on with a lot of 1990 era modifications. All those parts are gone. Anyway, thanks for reading the post!