1987 STOCK RADIATOR SPECS

seedling

Hi,

I've been researching Aluminum Radiators and I have seen a lot of specs thrown out there as far as size and what not. And since I can't seem to find it anywhere, I'm going to post the dimensions of my stock / OEM Radiator:

Overall Width (or Length if you will): 33" Inches
Tank to Tank Width (or Length if you will): 31" Inches
Overall Height: 19.5" Inches
Thickness: 2" Inches

What I did not measure and / or cannot find is the "Inlet" and "Outlet" size (which I believe to be 1.5" Inches each respectively). However, can someone confirm this for me? As I've found what may be another new direct replacement aluminum radiator which includes both the original Oil and Trans Coolers, but, the only issue is that the Inlet size is 1 3/8" Inch and the Outlet is 1 5/8" Inch, does that sound right? Because everything else that I have seen has shown the '87 TB to have an 1 1/2" Inlet and Outlet?

Anybody know this off hand??

I don't think an 1/8 of an inch would be a deal breaker, what'd you find sounds nice

I don't think an 1/8 of an inch would be a deal breaker, what'd you find sounds nice

Hmm, well, it’s a Champion 3 Row Downflow Aluminum Radiator (not sure what the difference is between down and crossflow), but it is rated to 600 HP, oh and did I mention that it has a Lifetime Warranty (and Free Shipping)? Anyway, here are the specs:

Buick Regal Grand National Aluminum Radiator & 2-12" Fans Champion 3 Row CC683

Price: $305.97

Item specifics

Outlet Diameter: 1 5/8in.
Inlet Diameter: 1 3/8in.

Manufacturer Part Number: CC683 CH

Core Height: 16 7/8in.
Overall Height: 18 3/8in.

Core Length: 26 1/4in.
Tank to Tank: 31 1/4in.
Overall Length (width): 32 1/8in.

Row Count: 3 Rows
Core Thickness: 2 1/4in.

¾-16 UNF / ¼-18 NPT

Brand: Champion Cooling

Style: Downflow

Fitment Type: Performance/Custom Interchange Part Number: DPI 683,434097,CU683,683

Material: Aluminum

Warranty: Lifetime Champion 3 Row Radiator, Electric Cooling Fans

1982- 1987 Buick Grand National All Aluminum Radiator & Dual 12" Electric Cooling Fans,

This Champion 3 Row Buick Regal Radiator Package includes Electric Cooling Fans and It is rated to cool up to 600 HP, the radiator comes with a Lifetime Warranty. This Buick Regal Replacement Radiator is setup to fit the Buick Grand National, The 1982 Regal Sport and the 1983 Buick Regal T-Type.

Buy it now! Free Shipping !

Buick Regal Grand National Aluminum Radiator & 2-12" Fans Champion 3 Row CC683

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very nice!!
low price , hurry up and buy :ROFLMAO:
has anyone seen this before or put one in service ???

Think that "Downflow" is a typo. Looks like a crossflow.

I bought a Champion radiator for a previous G-body. It was nice.

Think that "Downflow" is a typo. Looks like a crossflow.

I bought a Champion radiator for a previous G-body. It was nice.

How do you tell the difference?

Also, found an aluminum shroud (for two 12” inch fans) that fits the above for $109 with free shipping. So, that puts the whole system at $418.57 for the aluminum Radiator, Aluminum Shroud and Two 12” Inch Fans, all in. Which is insane.

Tanks are on the side vs. top to bottom. Pretty much require the tanks on the side for the 2 oil coolers.

Champion used to be 100% made in the USA. Don't know if they still are.

PS. Good time to replace the oil cooler lines if needed. Check out Highway Stars.

1/8 larger probably not.
1/8 smaller . . Not sure if it will seal.

I wouldn't roll the dice.
Someone needs to try this and report back. Lol

I have already installed one of these radiators in a 86' GN. There are fitment issues but it is a nice piece. It's not a plug and play. Some modifications are needed. It does work well though.

I ended up going with the two core Cross Flow with 1” inch tubes. Which was only $368 all in for 2 Row 1’ Tubes Aluminum Radiator & Shroud and Dual 12” Fans.

Item specifics

Radiator, Fan(s) & Shroud Brand: American Eagle Radiators

Fitment Type: Performance/Custom Manufacturer Part Number:

AE162-40 AS

Material: Aluminum Interchange Part Number: CC162,EC162,MC162,162,2511,24-80866,PRO162A,433162,8162

Fan Size: 12 inch Surface Finish: Polished Aluminum

eBay item number:122919991619

I'll never figure out what the world thinks the only thing that can replace a clogged up 30+ year old radiator is a $1M unit with fans that will suck start a Mac truck (and pull 10,000 amps doing it).

It's kinda like buying a car with 200,000 miles and original spark plugs... Nobody thinks the only thing that will replace them are some $10,000 ignition system.

You just pull out the old shot out plugs, and replace them with new ones. The end.

I'll never figure out what the world thinks the only thing that can replace a clogged up 30+ year old radiator is a $1M unit with fans that will suck start a Mac truck (and pull 10,000 amps doing it).

It's kinda like buying a car with 200,000 miles and original spark plugs... Nobody thinks the only thing that will replace them are some $10,000 ignition system.

You just pull out the old shot out plugs, and replace them with new ones. The end.

10.9 amp draw, but, yeah I smell what your stepping in!! Lol!!

Suck start a Mack Truck is a new one on me, may have to borrow that one! Lmao!!!

"Suck start a Mack Truck is a new one on me, may have to borrow that one! Lmao!!!"

Earl's gf is the "chief engineer" on that system.....:eek:

"Suck start a Mack Truck is a new one on me, may have to borrow that one! Lmao!!!"

Earl's gf is the "chief engineer" on that system.....:eek:

The girl that told me that (right after she got done with me) wasn't my GF. We just rod the bus together in middle school. :)

I did think it was pretty funny when she said that, but I was little light headed at the time.