1988 Mustang with Buick Turbo V6

stardog

Has anyone done a swap like this? Is a manual trans a good way to go. I want something, fast, economical and unusual. It will look like an SVO/Saleen/GT mustang on the outside.

Hmmm, very nice car. I've been thinking about doing something similar, but with a Mustang coupe instead of a hatch. I know it would drive the Mustang crowd around here freaking crazy... :biggrin:

IIRC, it's been so long ago, I remember reading about a GN vs.Mustang drag race where there was a black notchback with a GN drivetrain. If memory serves, it was running 8's and was the fastest car at the meet.

I think I saw that blue one BandAid posted at the nats in bowling green. I believe its the same one anyway, it was pretty sweet.

Stardog I have an 88' hatchback I have been working on but with buying a house and redoing the inside of the whole house the car has been on the back burner but here are a couple pics of it so far.

Attachments

• Picture 046a.JPG
    Picture 046a.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 364
  • Picture 044a.JPG
    Picture 044a.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 318
  • Picture 039A.JPG
    Picture 039A.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 321
Couple more

Attachments

• Picture 037A.JPG
    Picture 037A.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 332
  • Picture 026a.JPG
    Picture 026a.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 319
  • Picture 015A.JPG
    Picture 015A.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 303
Didn't mean to hyjack stardogs thread but just showing him an 88' lx stang with the buick motor in it.

Thanks for the compliments guys, it has been A LOT of blood, sweat in this car from me and a few others. Started the Painless wiring last night on it so I can get that done so I can rehook up the F.A.S.T set-up in it to fire it up. Had the motor in an 89' Camaro, 3,340#'s, 389 gears and it pulled an 11.60 @ 118 MPH on 15 pounds of boost. This is the same motor out of the Camaro so I'm shooting for 2,900#'s, around a 323 gear, and wanting 22-24 pounds of boost. So we will see what happens???? :biggrin:

hey it keeps the hybrids section alive ... same type of car to :cool: now sell that headache to me :p

I think i will actually shed a tear or blood or somthing when we go for the first ride...
Or maby I'll just need to change my pants :D

I'll be over sunday for fun with wires

Scott~

How come I don't get pic's with the intercooler pipes sent to my e-mail.. . :confused:

DOH....

Sorry Grumpy the car isn't for sale it would take a lot to buy it because there are a few things you won't find on your average Mustang that this car has, lot of detail and subtle things that make it one of a kind. :cool:

Sorry Scott!!!! Thought I sent them to you but if you want to see em that bad just come to the house your only 10 minutes away!!!! LOL.... :biggrin: Yup see ya Sunday to finish the wiring up from what I don't get done from tonight.

Few more pics this morning from yesterdays work, the orange box is a box I made to cover the fuel cell, then the fuse block is mounted to the box, then just in front of that the battery box is mounted.

Attachments

• Picture 051a.JPG
    Picture 051a.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 282
  • Picture 049a.JPG
    Picture 049a.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Picture 047a.JPG
    Picture 047a.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 257
That car is absolutely incredible! You have obviously spared no expense. Keep up the good work and be sure to keep us all updated on the progress. I for one am anxious to see what the track times and MPH are. Once again, very nice car! :cool:

Thanks Dreamcar86, yes the pocket book has shown the no expense spared part but alot of it already came out of the Camaro it was in, but as far as all the metal work and making brackets for things and sheet metal here and there and the frame work under the car I have made because the place I work has shears and break press's and I can buy what ever metal I need for a project, as far as the body work Scott (UR50SLO) has helped alot on that area and he painted it and I'm not sure I will wet sand it and buff it yet what you see is still from out of the booth. If I had to pay someone to make this car I woould be broke and would be living on the streets!!!! LOL....

Krunk

Yo holla

Heres ma other car which is gonna get a turbomotor my Cobra which will smoke all yall

KRUNK!!

05_2.jpg

Car looks to be a good start for it. Lot more to it then just throwing a buick in it though, lot of engineering and mapping things out in a Mustang. Hope the project does well for you.