You can type here any text you want

1st Mustang Kill of the season

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alaskabuick

I just got back to town tonight after a bussiness trip up to Prudhoe Bay (oil fields on the arctic ocean). Was dying to drive my GN since the streets have just now became dry and have the new heads on the motor.

Have had many issues with this car but now have them ironed out, at least it seems that way for now.

This car is pulling like a freight train from hell, 24 pounds of boost 18 degrees of timing, 90 octane and Alky (thats all we can get here is 90).

Its friday night and I tell me wife I will go pick up a movie and take my 7 year old son with me. This of course is just a excuse to try and find a race.

So we make a couple rounds looking for a race and finally see a mid 80's Stang. I know this car, this kid works at Ford and has all the goodies. My Dad had rode in the car and told me it was insane fast.

So I finally get caught up to this guy and pull by him, he takes the bait. Behind me popping the front up and down. Sounds healthy for sure, not to be taken lightly. At this point Im starting to wonder if I should not of had some more timming and race gas to take on this guy, he has a rep as the baddest stang in these parts, I heard he has 585 hp. I have not even tuned my fast yet alone ready to take on the top dawg. But Ive already jumped in the game at this point, no pussing out..Especially not wanting to back down in front of my Boy.

He follows me to a safe divided 4 lane with no cars and we slow down to about 10mph and go on the 3rd honk. Bang I hear the stang breaking loose, I hit it conservitively not to blow the tires off. Bang I jam second watching for Knock as Im paronoid with a fresh motor. At this point I have easy two length on him, Now Im pulling really hard on him, I hit 3rd and the race is not a race any more... I pull at least 10 car lengths until top of 3rd..

Wow I was shocked, not sure if his car is slow or my car is really fast?

I can tell you that this GN is a whole new ball game jumping up from my last GN with the 50 pounders and 51 turbo..this 67 pulls like nothing I have ever felt.. very happy with how it is running.

Dennis

Hey Dennis...

Have you talked to Lita Ford lately? What's up in AK? Hit me back when you can, Ted

yep

Oh trust me, we go only go in a straight line and shut her down 1/2 way thru 3rd. No high end dumb stuff. No traffic here either, wide open road. When the boost hits the race is usually over then anyhow, no need to get out of hand.

Den

Nice Kill, Sounds like the turbo I may need to get

The Mustangs are really good sounding, and even the announcer at the track calls them "rustangs" but with 500 + horses sounds fast and you got him. Its wierd how are cars pull like beasts, and just make time slow down and everyone to a parachute standstill.

There is a Black mustsang up there older fox body style. I watched him pull a 10.3 at Alaska Raceway. Scary fast car. He wouldnt race my GN when i had mine in Anchorage. It wasnt Black was it?

black stang

dragonational said:
There is a Black mustsang up there older fox body style. I watched him pull a 10.3 at Alaska Raceway. Scary fast car. He wouldnt race my GN when i had mine in Anchorage. It wasnt Black was it?

Are you talking about the Black fastback with all the sheet metal? If so that is a nice car, have always like it, has a Lenco in it.

Dennis

thats the one. That thing is BAD! Is That tubbed GN still up there? The guy that worked at a Turbo shop down by dimond owned it. they had a typhoon also. I wish i was still up there.

Nice kill. You think you will take it to the track this year? Interested to see what your combo makes.

Jason

track time

Quiky One said:
Nice kill. You think you will take it to the track this year? Interested to see what your combo makes.

Jason

I am going to take it to the track at least onece this year. I dont have a roll bar so Ill get kicked off if I break a 11:50. Think I may just dawg it out of the hole and then see what I can mile an hour at to get a good idea. That way I can keep it under 11:50 for awhile.

Hopping to break into the 10's just like everyone else with these cars. This may be hard with drag radials, going to try out some MT drag radials this year.

The car is plenty fast for my fun on the street that is for sure.

Suprised a superbike today who thought he was going to walk by the old GN ont the Hiway today. Did not beat him, but he did not pull away.

Den

why did you leave?

dragonational said:
thats the one. That thing is BAD! Is That tubbed GN still up there? The guy that worked at a Turbo shop down by dimond owned it. they had a typhoon also. I wish i was still up there.

How come you left? Probably the cold dark A$$ winter!

Nope The military made me :( . They have alot of nice cars on and the rice is plentiful so you never go hungry. :biggrin:

Plentiful

dragonational said:
Nope The military made me :( . They have alot of nice cars on and the rice is plentiful so you never go hungry. :biggrin:

You must of been at Ft. Rich? Or Elemdorf AFB?

Getting ready to jump on a plane in about an hour to Lafayette Louisianna for some bussiness. Better run....

Take Care,,

Dennis

Yep. Elmendorf. How long have you been up there? I only seen two GNs the whole 3 years i was there. 99 to 03 was when i was there. Have a safe trip.

Ak

dragonational said:
Yep. Elmendorf. How long have you been up there? I only seen two GNs the whole 3 years i was there. 99 to 03 was when i was there. Have a safe trip.

Well you may of seen me one of thows years at Polar raceway. I had a 86 Gn with Centerline Hell cats running low 12's.

I was born and raised here in AK. Not many Buick guys up here, much like elsewhere we are the minority. But I like it that way.

Made it to Lafayette tonight... man long run...tired

take care,

Den

yeah i probably did. I know there was a guy that had a GN and a Typhoon that were pretty fast. I had my 84 at the time i bought it from the owner of allied steel. It was a wreck when i bought it but i got it done and sold it to get my 87.

Back