1st passed on new setup

If that's the same converter in it as was there when I sold it to the guy that blew it up between us - it's a 3400 Vigilante N/LU.

Glad to see you getting it to the track, I miss that car like no others I've had.

Buford.jpg

Thanks for all the info guys. Been busy at work and haven't had a chance to get on the interwebz and thank you guys.

Bison, I'll check the FAST log and see what rpm it was leaving at when I get a little free time and let you know.

I think I'm having some boost controller issues too. Seems to run only off of spring pressure. The GN1 waste gate only came with an 8# spring if I'm not mistaken. That would explain the 16-17#'s on the big end of the track. I know the tune is off, but I don't think it'll make that much of a difference. I'm thinking it should be 60ft in the 1.60's. I just got an E-Boost controller so I can get rid of the Flea-bay special I got for it last summer.

Hey Nick, glad you chimed in. I've been looking for your e-mail. Yea, same convertor. The car is really piggy out of the hole. Then like Bison said, it's doesn't get into the boost until I'm out a bit.

Nice car in your sig by the way Nick!!!

Yeah, guess I need to update my pic eh? Only sold it about 5 years ago :LOL: Car still looks great.

Can't wait to see you get it sorted out. These cars can be tricky to get all of a set up to work together, but I promise you'll love it once you're there. I think you'll be surprised how much ya find in the tune as well. They're real fun when they're leaving hard and running boost in the upper 20's. If ya ever need anything let me know, I'll help if I can. Shoot me a message here or e-mail at Nick.McCardle@gmail.com I've started hanging around here a good bit again in the past few months, getting closer to time to really make some progress on the Turbo Trans Am project.

Finally had time to get out the laptop amd check the last log file. It only stalled to 2700, according to the FAST.

I was talking to PTC about a new convertor and I wasen't sure about the new stall speed. I was thinking 3800rpm.
I also just bought an e-Boost2 controller. Haven't time to put that in either.

Contact me. I'll get you the proper stall PTC. You can pm me what your looking for.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks Dusty. I'm waiting on funds.

Bison. I finally looked at the log, the car left at 2700 rpm at 1.5 psi according to the FAST

Hey Nick, we'll I installed the eboost a couple of weeks ago but I need to get the vacuum lined out and study the GIANT instruction Manuel that came with it.

I've been studying for a promotional exam for work. It's actually tomorrow. Hope I can knock it out of the park. About 650 of us taking this test and I need to be in the top 150. Is about a 20k raise. That's a lot of car parts.

I bought another car too. 87 WE4, new paint but it needs to be put back together. It s a puzzle but the motor and transmission still in it. It s been apart for about 9 years.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm calling Dusty to get the converter headed my way. It's Africa hit down here now so might be a couple of months before I get back to the track.

Dusty, finally got the converter in. WOW!! Now if I can get the e-Boost figured out and get the car to make more than 12#'s of boost should be pretty quick.

I went to the track this past weekend. Better convertor and more boost yielded the same results. 12.0-12.1 et's @ 117 mph. 2.0 60ft. I'm picking up 25 mph on the big end (660' - 1320')

The car is extremely sluggish for the first 100 feet or so. Then at the top of 2nd through third it feels like it's breaking up . The log file looks like an EKG printout. I'm thinking maybe a spark issue.

Would an exhaust leak cause the sluggish takeoff? Could I have the plugs gapped to wide?

Any sugestions?

Spark plugs were gaped between .037 and .042. Got some new one and I'm going to gap them tight, .030-.028

Headers are coming off this weekend to be checked for cracks and sealed back up tight.

Also checked the Log file from last friday, 2900 rpm 0 psi

Spark plugs were gaped between .037 and .042. Got some new one and I'm going to gap them tight, .030-.028

Headers are coming off this weekend to be checked for cracks and sealed back up tight.

Also checked the Log file from last friday, 2900 rpm 0 psi

Hopefully the tighter gap will help. You need non stock ignition to run that wide. TC still seems too tight. I don't think headers are the only problem if at all but def worth checking.

Hopefully the tighter gap will help. You need non stock ignition to run that wide. TC still seems too tight. I don't think headers are the only problem if at all but def worth checking.
I agree, think it's still too tight also. But the lesser of the 2 evils would be to go smaller on the turbo wouldn't it? I like the way the PTC drives on the street. Not really wanting to go to high on the stall speed. since it does not see too much track time. Should be able to do ok selling the turbo. It only has 300 or so miles on it and just now got it over 20# for the first time. I was looking at 62/62 or should I go smaller?

I agree, think it's still too tight also. But the lesser of the 2 evils would be to go smaller on the turbo wouldn't it? I like the way the PTC drives on the street. Not really wanting to go to high on the stall speed. since it does not see too much track time. Should be able to do ok selling the turbo. It only has 300 or so miles on it and just now got it over 20# for the first time. I was looking at 62/62 or should I go smaller?

I run a te44 so I'm the wrong guy to ask. A lot of people like the 6262 and it would leave you room to grow.