2 12" JL w3v2's on the way, but I have some box ?'s

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
I've decided to ditch the vegas, since I was having all sorts of problems with coming up with a box to fit my trunk setup idea. So I got me some JL's, $280.00 for the pair off ebay. Anyhow, they will go in a 1.00 to 1.50ft^3 sealed box, but do I have them share the airspace or not??

Not. Keep the airspaces seperate.

Do you know that you have NO warrenty whatsoever with those subs? JL makes a very good product, but flukes do happen, and if yours go bad your screwed.....just something to keep in mind when buying JL products off the net. JL does not tolerate internet sales.

You should be very pleased with them. The old w3's were great, the new v2's should be even better.

Thats the one down fall, that they have no warrenty. But I have had pretty good luck with all my speakers, I just won't abuse them.

Not. Keep the airspaces seperate.

mcss383 I would sort of disagree with you on that one. It all depends how he is going to run his stuff, mono or stereo.
I've always been told like you said " keep the chambers seperate so one woofer doesnt create any interference for the other" If they are mono it doesnt really matter, and even stereo I've been told thats a big no no. well my current system and my old system in my Dodge Dakota defeats that. I had my 2 12's running stereo in one big box and it sounded perfect. My box in my regal has those 2 12's in it now and I didnt put in the divider ( I wish I did though) It's on the package shelf and sounds real good ( not as good as in my truck, must have been a mutant or somthin :)

take it easy guys, good luck with the new subs, JL's are good subs