2-step launch control

That is exactly what I did. Momentary switch on the lower left corner of the pedal. Ad long as you don't drive 2 footed normally, you won't ever activate the switch. My Boost Leash takes care of the launch boost From the same switch. Creep into the staging hot and when you get the second bulb , masj the gas pedal to the floor. As soon as I let off of the brake, the 2 step stops and the launch boost lets go...
So far I have been able to cut a 1.46 60 at 5 psi. When I get the tune dialed in to where the Alky isn't coming on so hard at 6 psi , I will see how it launches at 10 psi.

Bryan
I'm looking forward to improving my 1.6 60ft with the 2-step .:D

I have my 2-Step on a shifter switch. The same switch activates the TH400's trans-brake. The trans-brake only works in 1st.

So, I have a question............What happens if the 2-step is activated while cruising in 3rd on the highway and then you smash the pedal to the floor.......and let go of the switch? Funny thing, I never tried it. And I won't till spring. But let me guess.........SICK HIGHWAY TIRE SMOKE SHOW!:jawdrop:

Or something else bad I'm missing?

Oh wait, I forgot........there wont be enough of a load on the motor to build boost. Not unless power braking it while moving.

Funny you mentioned this....

I did a rolling 2 step brake torque last year around 50 mph .....hit 15 psi and let it eat .... The car launched hard and then the noise began.

The transmisssions rear roller bearing exploded. Was fun for a few seconds

I have my 2-Step on a shifter switch. The same switch activates the TH400's trans-brake. The trans-brake only works in 1st.

So, I have a question............What happens if the 2-step is activated while cruising in 3rd on the highway and then you smash the pedal to the floor.......and let go of the switch? Funny thing, I never tried it. And I won't till spring. But let me guess.........SICK HIGHWAY TIRE SMOKE SHOW!:jawdrop:

Or something else bad I'm missing?

I did the same thing, that way when in 1st it engages the trans-brake & the 2-step until bumped into 2nd gear.

Can you post a pic on how you put it on the pedal please
I'm not sure what your 2-Step uses to be triggered. Does the trigger wire need to be switched to ground, or power? Normally it gets switched to ground. If this is the case, all you have to do is "T" a wire off the brake switch on the brake lights side. Then use it to power a relay and then run the trigger wire through the relay and then to ground.

Momentary switch drilled through the brake pedal.
Using the brake switch will work but I think there is too much travel in that switch which will cause a delay in the release.

Bryan

Attachments

• IMG_20151225_134240812.jpg
    IMG_20151225_134240812.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 90
Momentary switch drilled through the brake pedal.
Using the brake switch will work but I think there is too much travel in that switch which will cause a delay in the release.

Bryan
Wow. I didn't expect that. I figured a momentary switch on the brake switch bracket or something. Yep, that will work!

It's fun when someone toys with you enough on the street from a roll , 2 step at 3000 rpms and launch boost set to just 6 psi ....just put my left foot on the button and floor it. Boost and rpms stay steady until I lift my left foot. The look you get after you slow down and let them get next you you again is priceless.
Then comes , how much Naws you sprayin.....ha-ha

Last edited:
It's fun when someone toys with you enough on the street from a roll , 2 step at 3000 rpms and launch boost set to just 6 psi ....just put my left foot on the button and floor it. Boost and rpms stay steady until I lift my left foot. The look you get after you sliw down and let them get next you you again is priceless.
Then comes , how much Naws you sprayin.....ha-ha
Yes, I see how this can work much more naturally when pulling a highway sling-shot. Because your ridding the brake to build boost you can also floor it and limit the RPM's and boost by bumping up against the 2-step at the same time!!!! Nice.

Take your foot off and.............evil shit happens:sneaky: