You can type here any text you want

20" wheels or not????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CanMove

So i know about 2/3rds of you guys are going to say no..... Do any of you guys have 20" on your GN????? If so will you post????? How bad is the ride???? Is it still raciable????? You know what i mean!!!!!! If i go with 20's what is the offset and spacing that i will need that wont rub anywhere ever....
Thanks CanMove :confused:

If i go with 20's what is the offset and spacing that i will need that wont rub anywhere ever....
Thanks CanMove :confused:

Offset and spacing would be the same as a 15, 16, or anysize. BS comes into play when deciding width.

Good luck getting traction with low-profile tires, that's all I can say. If you aren't going to launch your car hard and don't care about traction then don't worry about what other people think, do what you want. I used to have 18s on my car and the ride was a little bit rougher so I'm sure 20s are going to feel pretty rough. Go find the video of the guy who breaks an axle trying to launch his Regal with 20s at the track. Do not do 20s if you want to race it. Otherwise do what you want.

I like 20"s, and several here have them on their cars. As Chicago stated, Traction is an issue, however most tires the appropriate size are UHP (ultra high Perf) tires, w/ excellent traction ratings (most AA). Try to find softer low mileage rating (less than 150) compounds for better traction, if you are just cruising on these wheels, then dont sweat it. 275/30-20 or 285/30-20 is the correct rear plus 5", and 245/35-20 will fit the fronts correctly. These sizes are for a 10" rear and 8.5" front btw.
What most people on 20" do is ride the big boy wheels to shows and around town, and take drag radials or slicks on 15"s to the track to make a good run.

ruqwiknuf27 (sorry, I butchered the spelling) has 20"s on his white turbo T, he can give specific off set he was successful with.

I found a pic of dudes white T that I mispelled his screen name, see attach.

Attachments

• bad%20azz%20car%21%21%20008%20%28Small%29.jpg
    bad%20azz%20car%21%21%20008%20%28Small%29.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 277
Anybody have any recomendations??? On (wheel's) type style size and tire size.... Sorry but i hate the original GN wheels and the GNX style would be nice if I could find in a 20" wheel with a chrome deep lip. but no luck...... Its hard to find wheels for this car..... Or at least sweet looking one's that are functional.... The prostars and the drag lites are sweet and timeless i just want something that will turn heads and that you dont see too much... prostars and drag lites are everywhere..... am i wrong????

20" Foose Nitrous

I love the way the look and the ride isn't bad at all. Of course you are going to feel more bumps, but it isn't bad at all. The wheels are 20x8.5 all the way around, I think 20x10 would look better in the rear and 20x8.5 for the front. Like you said, there are a lot of members in this forum that are strongly opposed to putting bigger wheels on a GN, but I haven't gotten any negative feedback at all. From younger people to old people, all I have received are compliments on how the car looks. I will be installing the air ride suspension in the next month or so, so it should really look nice. Hope the pics help.

Attachments

• 1987 Grand National 20 inch Foose Nitrous.jpg
    1987 Grand National 20 inch Foose Nitrous.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 315
  • 1987 Grand National 20 inch Foose Nitrous2.jpg
    1987 Grand National 20 inch Foose Nitrous2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 253
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 270
Don't forget to remove the GN badge and replace it with a 20" badge on each side. I saw a pic of a GN or t type with 22's I think, I'll see if I can find it.

Don't forget to remove the GN badge and replace it with a 20" badge on each side. I saw a pic of a GN or t type with 22's I think, I'll see if I can find it.

It sounds like you're trying to clown, but I don't see why people have to be so close-minded about this subject. Everybody has different taste & style. If you are intending to race, then of course you don't want to have 20" wheels for the track, but other than that purpose, I think these cars look best with 18" or 20" wheels. Just my opinion, but I do respect the fact that everybody has different intentions for their car, along with the fact that the GN community isn't a big community, so why hate or ridicule anybody for doing what they desire with their GN.

Tru That thepremier.....

Red c5 who said anything about 22" anyways?.......No thanks.......Oh yea, at least i have GN badges to replace.....

Which i wont of course...

My 24,000 original mile GN is way to nice... Has been for the last 10 years that i have owned it......

She's just do for some new shoes.........

do whatever makes u happy! if it was up to some of these guys( and i stress some) every gn would look exactly the same. to find a dep lip u will usually have to go with something more custom like billet so u can dial in your backspacing but u may find some chrome ones either way good luck!

Attachments

• pics 018.jpg
    pics 018.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 259
  • shop pics 093.jpg
    shop pics 093.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 251
Oh my god, you painted a GN blue? You idiot! Haha......... JK. Holy sh**!! You put 20s on your GN? NO! :eek:

Guess, what, Im going to the racetrack with my 17s/18s! Uh oh! :p

Sense my sarcasm guys........ do whatcha want, you worked hard for your cars........... and the beauty of it all is........ you can change the wheels if you want, or the paint, or the turbo, or the fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview, or.........:confused: :cool:

Come on fellas............. have fun

The blue GN is on 22s"s.
The premier, what BS did you use on fronts, and what drop is that? I cant wait to se it on air, I have seen 18", and 19" wheels on our cars w/ air, but none w/ 20"s.
keep us posted.

It sounds like you're trying to clown, but I don't see why people have to be so close-minded about this subject. Everybody has different taste & style. If you are intending to race, then of course you don't want to have 20" wheels for the track, but other than that purpose, I think these cars look best with 18" or 20" wheels. Just my opinion, but I do respect the fact that everybody has different intentions for their car, along with the fact that the GN community isn't a big community, so why hate or ridicule anybody for doing what they desire with their GN.

I'm not trying to clown. I haven't been able to find the pic I'm talking about. I thought it looked great. Obviously not for racing but I liked it, some may not, whatever.

Red c5 who said anything about 22" anyways?.......No thanks.......Oh yea, at least i have GN badges to replace.....

sounds like something my 6 year old would say, lol

get what you like, it's your car.

The blue GN is on 22s"s.
The premier, what BS did you use on fronts, and what drop is that? I cant wait to se it on air, I have seen 18", and 19" wheels on our cars w/ air, but none w/ 20"s.
keep us posted.

I can't recall exactly what the BS is bro, I will have to check on that for you. The car actually isn't dropped at all, it just sits like that with the regular suspension at this point in time.

I can't wait to get it bagged, I think it is gonna look really nice once I get the bags installed. At one point I wasn't going to install the bags because I thought it was already sitting pretty nice, but since I had already purchased the setup, I figured I might as well get it installed.

I will definitely post up before & after pics when I get the air bag suspension installed.

Back