You can type here any text you want

2000 Black Viper GTS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Epitome

Staff member
I had the GN out today with pump gas so I was tuned for 11.50s-11.60s. As I pulled out of the bank, I see a Black Viper coming up the road, going the way I was going. I let him pass and immediately tucked in behind him, as I knew that about 5 miles or so up the road was a great usually empty two lane straightaway. He was driving very leisurely, but knew I was behind him. As we got to the spot, the set up was perfect, no other cars around us. I dropped it into second gear and pulled up next to him at about 50 mph or so. He looked over at me and smiled and I waited for him to hit it. Honestly, from that roll, with him getting the jump and me with only pump gas, I'm not sure what would have happened......but I guess we will never know, because he wouldn't bite grrrrr. I got ahead of him and as we pulled up to a big parking lot, I motioned out the window for him to pull over with me. I figured maybe he'd give me a little shot if we spoke first. No dice. As I pulled into the parking lot he drove on by, smiling and giving me the "peace" sign. Sorry I don't have a better story, but maybe he's run a GN before :)

By the way, the reason I think it was a 2000 Viper is because his NY license plate was "VIPER 00".

i too had a viper race a few weeks ago. i too was in street trim, pump gas, 18 psi, 18 degrees timing. i was leaving a local speed shop. i was making a right but down the road a bit i saw a silver viper, 2001? so i turned and followed him to a light where he was making a left so i followed. the road opened into two lanes. i pulled aside, and it was two younger gents. i downshifted from o.d. into third and and as soon as i did he nailed it. i didnt have any boost but i gave chase. i couldnt reel him in from the car lead he made from the jump. he didnt pull away either. i was happy cause i know those cars trap in the 114-117 mph range and thats right around mid 11's with traction in a TR.

I think we've talked before Matt, our cars are almost identical, except you have aluminum heads and mine are Champion ported irons. I'm sure you saw the thread where I ran 10.57@127mph. But that was on 114 octane, 26 degrees of timing and 25 lbs of boost. I almost always keep race gas in the tank. As little as I drive the car, I like ti keep it ready to be set on kill if I need it. Unfortunately, I only had 94 octane in it today, so it was set with 18 degrees of timing and about 18 lbs of boost. This setting would get me into the 11.4-11.6 range at between about 115 and 117 mph, especially with the great air out there today. I figured mph wise, we were almost exactly matched, but I guess we'll never know :)

Ted, yes we've talked before. i've met you at Cotton's x-mas party ahwile back when you were bolting up your turbo. i'm in a bit of a bind as to putting a cage and beefing up the rear end. i want to but the weding bells are ringing so the car may stay cageless for a while longer and that keeps me from the track. what track let you slide with those awsome numbers??? any winter plans for your beast? looks like snow for us all real soon. i woulda been set on kill too but usually i convert back around late oct/ealry nov to street trim. i ran nothing but c-16 for 6 months straight every weekend, that gets very $$$$$ but its worth it to melt 28x10 et streets from a 40 mph roll :)

duel fuel

Hey Epitome you should set up a duel fuel system (cell&stock tank) like i have , with the bleed valve for boost control inside . Mine uses a cell but with the new spare tire well cells no chopping is required :p if you are ever interesed mail me , im in N.Y also . Always Race gas ready but crusing on 94 . My car is not as modded as yours and i love it , plus its cheaper than burning through race gas for just cruising around . :p

I have a digital boost controller, so all I do is type in how much boost I want and that's what I get, a 2 second adjustment. The issue is timing. On the fly, it is hard for me to use the laptop to change from 18 degrees to 24-26 degrees. I use a Fel-Pro Fuel Management System. It is just not easy on the go. How are you sure with that spare tank, that the car has completely switched to the C16? One little mistake and BABOOM! lol

My stock tank has an in tank pump wired on one switch going to a one way valve into a Y block to the rail , the cell has a paxton pump wired to another switch going to a one way to the Y block and to the rail . A solinoid from a Ford ranger duel tank controls the return line to the cell or stock tank . When using on the street i shut down power to the stocker pump , fuel Psi starts dropping ,verified from my mech gauge, then i turn on the cell pump , fuel psi shots back up , and a few seconds later i switch the return . i can smell the gas to usually but the only thing that could realisticly go wrong is the return and if the return was stuck on the cell side the fuel gauge for it would hopefully alert me or if it got stuck on the stocker side would return to the stock tank . Ive had it on my car for about 8mos and so far so good.:p Its pretty easy , with your electronic boost control it would work really nice , i just dont have the $ for that and my vale work good for the cost . I run the RA93 it has 21 deg of timming i belive , at least on low timming you (18deg ) can run some high boost you know.

Oh plus i have LEDs on the switches when each pump or the return is powered and when the paxton is on you can also hear it running , its pretty fool proof , as the SAS say " Who dares wins " i guess there is no complete fool proof to it but i can live with the risk . Plus that C - 16 aint cheap at about $9.00 a gallon !:rolleyes:

I have a station about 20 minutes from me that sells Cam 2 114 Octane for 4.75 a gallon.....not cheap, but not bad. I have had very good luck with it and had it in my car when I ran the 10.57 and zero detonation. As little as I drive the car, I may as well just keep the tank full of that stuff. I like the set up you have. With C16 and only 21 degrees of timing, you should be able to max that turbo out :eek:

Back