2003/04Honda Accord Owners: What causes the "Maintenance Required" Light to come on?

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
Can anyone tell me what sensors cause the "Maintenance Required" Light to illuminate on a 2004 Honda Accord? My wife's car only has 17k on it, was recently in for the 15k service and today her maintenance light came on.

Other than routine maintenance such as oil changes, what else might it be?

Normally on a Honda the Maintenance light only comes on at normal service intervals. In other words the tech who changed your oil last, probably forgot to reset the light. If you look in the owners manual it most likely will tell you how to reset the light. You might also try checking some of the Honda boards to double check me on this one.

Originally posted by cwelk87gn
Normally on a Honda the Maintenance light only comes on at normal service intervals. In other words the tech who changed your oil last, probably forgot to reset the light. If you look in the owners manual it most likely will tell you how to reset the light. You might also try checking some of the Honda boards to double check me on this one.

Yep - the last tech probably didn't reset it.

With the key OFF, press and hold the ODO reset switch. While holding it, turn on the ignition. After 15-20 seconds, the light will blink, then go off.

Got it reset

I called the dealer and they agreed that the tech most likely forgot to reset it.

So, I just did that (as Samson described) and it went off. We'll see if it stays off now. Thanks for the replies guys! ;)