200R4 OR TH400

• TH400

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • 200R4

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
scattaman,
Look I'm not going to jump on you, but do you really think you should hyave hi jack my thread with your first post asking if you should buy an 84?

At what point and time did this seem like the right thread to post that question here?:rolleyes:

tranny

i have been running a 200 from dave husek.tranny shifts and performs great.car runs 10's at 3800lbs and 2 hr cruises are sweet.

I've made the decision to go to a TH400 next spring. I've already started to gather some of the "small stuff" (H&R transmission mount and a B&M 3 speed reverse pattern shifter gate plate) that's going to be needed to do a clean conversion. I want everything to work properly (like the back up lights and neutral switch also). The only thing left to do will be to determine the how much will the driveshaft need to be shortened and to get a TH400 transmission slip yoke.
I just hope I won't regret switching, but everyone I spoke with reassured me saying that I'll love it...:redface: Hope they're right!:)

Hi Claude, where (who) did you get your 2004R done, if it was in Qc, who did it or who can do a good job here in Qc.
Salut. Jean-Guy. Granby.