2010 GT500 Shelby Cobra

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Totally punked one tonight. It wasn't even fair.

When it was all over, he had a look on his face like he was Ned Batey and had just been bubbagumped without any anal-eez by a overly affectionate Alabama hunter.:eek:
"Squeeeeel like a pig, boah!"

I had just cruised past Papa Lou's shop (he was closed) on my round-a-bout way to the gym and low n' behold there's a GT500 ahead turning left. I had planned on turning right but....I can't pass on a chance to beat up a "super" Stang:D

So I moved in behind the Cobra and waited.
He saw me there...I could see him eyeballing me in his side view..., so when the light turned green, he made his left and then got into the throttle. So did I...and I went around him pretty easily on the right. He kinda gave up when he could see I was going to pass him.

We cruised a mile or so down to my favorite road...the one that runs behind the old El Toro Marine base...with him tailing me.

I turned right...and he followed.
The first light up ahead turned red....Yippy:biggrin:... and there wasn't any traffic around.
I got in the middle lane and he pulled up on the right. He was looking over but as soon as he saw me looking back, he shot his eye's back ahead.

As the cross traffic light turned yellow, I hear him put it into gear and start to bring his revs up....this guy is staging on me...LOL
Before I could brake boost to match him, the light turned green and we both went all in.

We were even for maybe 1/2 the intersection while both of us smoked the tires and then I started to hook ...and....just....llllllllllleft him like a bad prom date
As I pulled away, I could see the tears welling up in his eye's:confused: as he wondered why his mean Cobra felt so dern slow....that FORD was just Found On Road Dead as the result of a brutal killing by a Turbo Buick.

I let out when I was 4-5 lengths up on him and he came along side...

We slowed down to about 30 hoping for another red I presumed....and then he nails it from a roll.

Oh you want some more embarassment do ya?
WOT I go...and I went right around him like a scalded dog again.

Let out when I was up 4 lengths or so again and he came back along side.
He gave me a thumbs up but was shaking his head "no." in embarassment.

We cruised along at about 55 side by side for a bit...and then he tried again.

Don't be so stupid Stupid!
WOT I go again...and right around him I go again.

After that he had had enough and kept back several lengths until I pulled into a left turn lane to make my u-turn back towards my gym.

Then he pulls a ricer fly by on me....Guess he figured that he could beat me that way...me sitting still and him blowing by at about 60-70 mph.

Pfffft...:rolleyes:
Mustang drivers...what a bunch of maroons...
YouTube - What A Maroon!

Must be "Kill a Mustang Day" all week this week...
Had a guy in a new GT with dealer plates try to show me what's what on the way to work this AM.
So I showed him what's WOT.:D

I'm leaving for Korea and China for 2 weeks on Saturday, so I gotta get some meals in before I go or I might starve over there riding around in Taxi's and other peoples cars....

I see you have an 03 Cobra...the only Mustang I have a desire to own....
Wanna race?

D

I'd love too. Let me get my N20 working first. Then I should have sumpin fur ya. Hoping or high 10's

Unfortunetly you live on the opposite coast from me.

I'd love too. Let me get my N20 working first. Then I should have sumpin fur ya. Hoping or high 10's

Unfortunetly you live on the opposite coast from me.

I love the look of the 03/04 Cobra....all business.:biggrin:
And they respond very well to tune and mods...

I might have one some day.

As I pulled away, I could see the tears welling up in his eye's:confused: as he wondered why his mean Cobra felt so dern slow....that FORD was just Found On Road Dead as the result of a brutal killing by a Turbo Buick.

Ok great kill story but you got the FORD meaning wrong , its supposed to read:

Ford
Owners
R
Dumbasses

Nuff said now back to the Bee Gees :biggrin:

I love the look of the 03/04 Cobra....all business.:biggrin:
And they respond very well to tune and mods...

I might have one some day.

Yeah the car is alot of fun. It even does well on the road course. I raced a 600 gsxr the other day and we were about even. He couldn't believe I was running right along side him. He said all he could hear was my supercharger whinning.

What kind of ET/MPH do you do in the quarter mile MeanChicken? Nice kill!

I dunno...
I've yet to get to a track...
But...based on recorded runs made during tuning sessions with Spoolfool2, we guestimate that at my current boost level and a conservative tune, with a good launch and 60ft, I'd be in the mid to high 11's and somewhere in the high 100teens to 120....or there abouts...

Wow it sounds like a beast!! Your stories make me want to sale my rustang as soon as i can, so i can pick a TR up ASAP.

Meanchicken - congrats - always love to read your stories. Glad to hear you killed that 500 GT and what you think your performance lever might be.

We had one of our Palm Beach Buick meets yesterday and a Buick guy had his friend come along in his brandy new Shelby 500 GT. (We made him park in the side lot.) His friends Buick isn't very modded and someone asked the GT guy if his GT was faster or his friends Buick. He said his GT was faster and would probably beat anything there. I immediately jumped on that and said there were at least 6 cars there that could take him. We all talked and he said he paid about 48K for it and it had over 500 hp to the rear wheels. This got me to thinking because I have never tangled with one of them yet and figured I'd get beat because on the street I only am making about 420-450hp. But from what you said, it seems like they are NOT making that kind of power OR they can't use it. You give us hope.

OH yeah, I totally killed a SVO Cobra on the way home from a dig and a roll. From his exhaust it sounded like he was racing but sure didn't look like it. It was an older Corba but at least it said Cobra.

Keep the kills coming.

Guestimates have me somewhere around the 500HP level at the crank, and should be able to do a mid to high 11 with a good launch and 60ft. I really do need to get to the track tho...

The GT500's are slow for their advertised performance level. They come out of the factory in the mid to high 12 range with a good driver. They weigh over 4000 lbs and that's a big part of their problem.

I doubt they are getting 500HP to the ground in spite of what their owners hope they paid for....:D

...but like any car...they can be modded to go much faster and I'm sure somewhere out there, there is a not so stock GT500 that would leave me...
I just haven't met it yet:biggrin: