You can type here any text you want

2011 Lucerne

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jalin

I have a 2011 Lucerne CXL so it has the newer 3.9L LZ29 V6 kicking out 227HP. I've been brainstorming ideas and designing things to do for this car. Does anyone have any insight? Is the engine modable? A new intake, turbo'ing, and changing the exhaust come to mind when I think of performance upgrades.

The 3.9 is based on the old 2.8 L, 60 degree chevy. You might want to check in the FWD section since we deal with the antique Buick 90 degree RWD 3.8 and 4.1.

60degreev6.com

The engine is not really based on the 2.8, except for it is also a pushrod 60°v6, far different otherwise.

That being said its a pretty stout engine, Mars(on the TGO) is running a variant of that engine(LZ9) in a 3rd gen camaro. 4088 turbo, cam and valve springs and ran mid 10's at 135mph, heads have never been off. 15psi

60degreev6.com

The engine is not really based on the 2.8, except for it is also a pushrod 60°v6, far different otherwise.

That being said its a pretty stout engine, Mars(on the TGO) is running a variant of that engine(LZ9) in a 3rd gen camaro. 4088 turbo, cam and valve springs and ran mid 10's at 135mph, heads have never been off. 15psi

So in that sense, it has potential?

A lot of potential. Unfortunately, there's little aftermarket support for the 660, WOT Tech and TCE are the only real aftermarket. The good news is; splayed valve heads the flow really well, forged crank, powder forged rods, cross-bolted mains and a structural oil pan. A cam and springs with a turbo and a safe tune and it will be a monster, rev happy too.

Mars has the mph to run low 10's with his LZ9
Superdave built a mild LX9 years ago for his cav z24, choppy cam and ported heads, put down 275whp

Another guy on the TGO is running mid 11's at 120mph with a stock rebuild 3.1 short block and GEN 3 3400 topend and a mild delta cam.

Check out 60degreev6.com, lots of info over there.

Back