You can type here any text you want

205/50/15 tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
Hey guys, I'm new to the thread here and I've got an '87 GN. I'm planning on doing alot of auto-x/track events with the car since I've been doing it for a few years now with another car. I was looking for new tires and was looking into the Nitto NT-01's. They offer a 205/50/15 size, but I wasn't sure how that would be on the car. I'd be using either stock T-Type wheels or mid 80's Monte SS wheels, haven't decided yet. Most likely the Monte SS wheels, so I don't think the width should be an issue for the tire, just wasn't sure about the overall size on the car and figured I'd see if you guys had any ideas! Thanks a bunch!

205/50's are a very tiny tire, and would look realy strange on a Regal. I had them on a '97 Jetta and they looked good, but on a Regal? No way! They're only 23" tall. I have 215/60's on the front of mine, and even they seem a little small at 25" dia. :smile:

Hey thanks for the reply! That's kinda what I was thinking too, but couldn't really visualize it on the car. I'm most likely going to stick with the stock size or something close to it, thanks again!

I would run a 225/50 on the stock 7" wide wheels. I have autocrossed with the 205/50 on the front. Steering response was to quick causing the tires to unload in an extreme caster angle. Those short sidewalls are going to look dinky in either size with the amount of air in the wheelwells. It will look like one of those hoppers on 13 inch wheels. Looks great if you lower the car a couple of inches. I had no problem cutting quicker times with a 60 series tire. IIRC I ran 225/60 on the stockers. I dont recall running any 235's.

Thanks for the feedback, I will look into the 225/50 and see what's available. Thanks!

Back