You can type here any text you want

224/224 hydraulic roller cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ed Valvo

Who's running one? Are they all the same grind from some NA application or are they custom for turbo buicks?

Ed

224/224 hydraulic roller

these are for the quick---------------;)turbo buicks;)

I ran one put I don't have any times with it.
Mine was a 224HR from Dan Strezo.
I would think that your head would really love more cam
that what you have now. Then you can donate me your existing
set up...

I have a 224 custom grind from RPE. Haven't fired up the new motor yet but have very high hopes.

Bryan

Bryan,
I'm envious of the combo in your sig. Billet or DI? LC?

Ed

Thanks, it has been two years in the making and alot of money but it should fly for a street car! It is going in for new paint soon, no rust/body work needed as the the body is almost perfect-couple of door dings-but the factory paint sucks bad.
Need to pull the trigger on a cage as well.
I decided not to go billet on the cam. As for the rest of the specs on the cam, Bobby doesn't like to share that info but I trust him.

Bryan

The motor is running but the new transmission bit the dust! I won't go into that...
I ordered a Stage III from Lonnie last week and he said he needed 2 weeks to do the build so hopefully the middle of next week I will have a tranny that will stay together. I towed the car to the Turbobuick.com Nationals in March to get some tuning done and make a few passes but had alot of issues arise (my fault for rushing to get it done ). At 56% throttle the car put out 497 HP at 18-19psi. I have hopes that it will put out somewhere in the upper 600HP range and would be quite happy if it went over 700HP. It idles very good with the cam that is in it. I plan on going to BG to get the bugs worked out of it and if I can get the tune right, race TAI.

Bryan

Back