You can type here any text you want

231 hot air cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gsbuick65

what cam would be a good one for my motor? i've got tomco injectors with a green stripe, a water cooled turbo, did alittle head porting on the exhaust. have a bigger down pipe that i can put on too. :)

cam

cam should be the last thing on your mind there is alot more you can do to your car before you go with a cam.

well since i had to replace the block because of spun cam bearing i'd fiqure i put one in, since i gotta buy one. gonna put a double roller chain on too. what would you recommend I start with?

nick

Give nick micale a call on the cam tell him brent sent you. im sure he will hook you up with a good cam to fit your combo. i just talked to him today about a cam for my hotair and droped some parts off. i would go with a roller if i had the money but im not since im limited on funds. anyways his website is arizonagn.com is phone # is listed as well.

well since i had to replace the block because of spun cam bearing i'd fiqure i put one in, since i gotta buy one. gonna put a double roller chain on too. what would you recommend I start with?

What is your goal?

just want to make alittle more power, think i might go with the comp 206.

Go BIG on a HA, since you are changing cams anyway.
Try a split duration cam, proven, especially on a HA.
You need to make up for the "lack of IC" somehow. :biggrin:
Search the HA forum.

I run a 212/212 and idle is fine @825rpm, passed emissions with a std TT chip, got 26mpg hyway. If I knew then what I know today, I would have gone a little bigger/spilt duration/higher lift. But hindsight is 20/20. :rolleyes:

will a 208-224 work with stock rockers or is there any problem going with this cam since its a 224?. i was told this is the cam to get for hotair cars

will a 208-224 work with stock rockers or is there any problem going with this cam since its a 224?. i was told this is the cam to get for hotair cars

I believe THAT to be the cam to run on a HA.
Verify the lift for stock rocker compatibility and make sur you verify piston clearance during assembly. Have not read of anyone having issues with this cam.

Back