You can type here any text you want

240Z vs GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
I caught him coming out of a local hangout, the car sounded real good maybe a V8? I pulled up beside him and opened the dump and gave 'em a rev. :D

We were doing about 30-35mph he hit first and had a half of car on me real quick. I nailed it and sputtered just a tad then the boost came up (running 20) and it came alive we were even before you knew it. I hit 3rd and started pulling ever so slowly I had a car on him at about 80mph or so before we both let off because of traffic ahead.

I ran into him again at car show a few weeks later very nice car dark blue 240Z with a V8. Not your typical Nissan, this one was powered by a LS1 with a cold ait kit and headers. And I don't think the car weighed more than about 2800lbs, a hellva sleeper just not enough for the Buick. :D

The guy said he was a former GN owner and had a few other toys as well , nice guy.

wow, impressive kill. there's a guy around here with a cammed ls-1 in a 2nd gen. rx-7 i need to run when I get my car up and running again. ls-1s are no joke even in an f-body, and even more so in a lighter car, so you definitely get some bragging rights on that one.

There used to be factory produced 240Z's with GM 350's in them. They were called Scarabs. I guy I used to play competative soft ball with up in San Jose had one.

Fast and light weight.

Fast86GN - awesome kill. Those 240's have an issue putting power down. But you have to love the torque of these lil V-6s.

There is a guy here around Austin that has a 240Z with a 383 and a 88 turbo, that damn thing is brutal :biggrin:

Too much power, he has ripped the shocks out of the back once already :tongue:

Back