You can type here any text you want

27" tire on a TTA?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Anyone ever run a 27x10.5x16 drag tire on their TTA? If so, any problems/opinions you'd care to share?
I'm wondering if a 27" tire might add a little MPH to my car and help load that turbo during the pass with the converter unlocked. With my 3800 stall converter staying unlocked untill 3rd gear, I'm thinking the slightly taller tire might help some. Currently I have 2 airbags that I hardly use but could if fittment would be a problem. I'd rather not have to rely on the airbags to prevent rubbing so I'm asking here first. MT has a street ET in this size at a really good price....TIA

The 28x9 ET drags I run are actually 27.1" tall. They fit with no problems. Compare the different measurements between the two tires. If they are close then you shouldnt have any worries.

HTH: Jason

I'm running the 27x10.5x16 right now, havent gotten to the track yet with them(looking to do so on Fri)but have been driving on them and no clearance issues. Then again I run 28x10x16 Hoosier slicks with no problems either thanks to a small amout of massaging to the inner wheelwell.

HTH,
Steve

Jason,
I just checked both the MT and Summit web sites and they don't show an ET Drag in a 28x16??? Is it me going nuts or what???

Steve,
Are you still using the stock 3.23 gear ratio with the 28" tire? What I'm trying to avoid at this point is dropping the theoretical gear ratio too numerically low with the 27" tire.... What would you say the ratio is going from a 3.42 gear 26" tire to a 28" tire?
My fuzzy head math tells me it's right around 3.23.

I run 15" look alike rims so my slicks are 28x9 for 15" rim.

Jason

Originally posted by turbov6joe
Steve,
Are you still using the stock 3.23 gear ratio with the 28" tire? What I'm trying to avoid at this point is dropping the theoretical gear ratio too numerically low with the 27" tire.... What would you say the ratio is going from a 3.42 gear 26" tire to a 28" tire?
My fuzzy head math tells me it's right around 3.23.

No I'm running 3.42 gears this year but have been running 3.08 gears the last two years. Went 1.47 60ft with the old gears and 26" tires.

I belive your fuzzy head match is right and 28" tires with 3.42's should be close to a 3.23 effective ratio. I dont think you will have a problem with running 27" tires with stock TTA gearing, plus these motors make enough torque to get off the line anyway.

HTH,
Steve

Back