You can type here any text you want

275/50/15 m/t drag radials on stock rims?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbogreg

hey, ordered a set of 275/50/15 mickey thompson drag radials a few weeks ago. now i'm unsure if these will fit up well to my rims. i have a set of 275/50/15 nitto 555r's on my stock rear gn rims. am i going to need a wider rim for the m/t's? going to get a set of t type wheels but i think they are going to be the same problem as my stock gn rims as well correct? should i have them widened or what? don't want to hack up the wheel well. should i have went with the 275/60/15's?

Greg

I run the 275/60R15 DR on a stock rim widened to 8"- fits perfect. There are guys that have run that tire on the stock rim, but you may get accelerated center wear if you drive them on the street as a daily driver.....

They'll work fine on stock rims. Use a 3/8" - 1/2" spacer behind the wheel, depending on your car.

hey, ordered a set of 275/50/15 mickey thompson drag radials a few weeks ago. now i'm unsure if these will fit up well to my rims. i have a set of 275/50/15 nitto 555r's on my stock rear gn rims. am i going to need a wider rim for the m/t's? going to get a set of t type wheels but i think they are going to be the same problem as my stock gn rims as well correct? should i have them widened or what? don't want to hack up the wheel well. should i have went with the 275/60/15's?

Greg

I personally feel 275/60's work better, especially with the stock rim.

The 275/50's will work on T-type rims a little better than the GN rims, but will still rub the frame around corners and will cup up un the middle if you go below 18 psi or so.

Nittos are a little smaller than everyone elses tire, so people can get away with more without rubbing than with other tires on the same rims.

For actually running on a 1/4 mile track, the taller 60's are better for mph on the big end than the 50's.

I went through 2 sets of those tires before switching to 275-60-15 M/Ts. You will definatly need spacers. They are a pain to mount too. The centers do wear a little more. They work on stock width rims but want another inch or so.

have the mickey 275/50/15s waiting to be mounted up. looking to mount them up on summit star wheels. they are 15x8's and i like the look, little different from the usual pro stars, draglites, etc. now am i going to have a problem fitting them up? here's the link for them from summit. says it's got 4.5'' bs
Summit Star Wheels: SUM-521-5861PS - summitracing.com

thanks,

Greg

MT 275/50's on T-type rims:

Attachments

• My86T.jpg
    My86T.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 777
  • DSC03377 (4).JPG
    DSC03377 (4).JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 753
finally got the cash to order rims. have the m/t 275/50/15s for the rears sitting in my garage ready for a rim. going with the 15x8's for the back and 15x7 in the front. just want to get the correct b.s. before ordering. 4.5'' back spacing would be what i want? our bolt pattern is 5-4.5'' or 5-4.75''?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Greg

I've always had the best luck with 3.5" Back spacing on 15x8 Weld and Cragar wheels out back. 4.5" BS on a 15x8 wheel will pull the wheel closer to the frame rail.

Now on a 15x10 wheel, I ran 4.5" BS without any issues. Yes, we are 5 x 4.75 bolt pattern.
HTH

Patrick

thanks for the reply. actually my buddy just stopped by with a set of 15x10 weld draglites and i bought em off him. should be fine with my 275 50 15s and i'll be able to fit a bigger tire later on on em. just gotta get a set of fronts now.

Greg

Make sure you posts some pics when you get them on your car so we can check it out!

Pictures?

I went through 2 sets of those tires before switching to 275-60-15 M/Ts. You will definatly need spacers. They are a pain to mount too. The centers do wear a little more. They work on stock width rims but want another inch or so.

Can you post some pictures of the 275/60R15 on a stock 7" wide T rim? I've been thinking about doing this. What are your 60' times like?

Can you post some pictures of the 275/60R15 on a stock 7" wide T rim? I've been thinking about doing this. What are your 60' times like?

275601.jpg

275602.jpg

BFG 275/60's on stock T rims.

Thank you!

275601.jpg

275602.jpg

BFG 275/60's on stock T rims.

Thank you so much for the pictures! I'd been looking all over. They don't bulg or look nearly as akward I thought they might. What size spacer/wheel adaptor did you use?

Thank you so much for the pictures! I'd been looking all over. They don't bulg or look nearly as akward I thought they might. What size spacer/wheel adaptor did you use?

No spacers. Just bolted them up. A 1/8" or 1/4" spacer would help keep them off the frame more in hard corners, but they don't rub in a straight line.

Ok, since the 275/50/15's on the 15x8 welds rub only on the driver side with me in it going over awkwards bumps do you think an air bag in that side would help? I already have a pair of them just never put them in. They are hitting in one spot on the wheel well molding and bending all up on the inside.

Back