You can type here any text you want

275/50/15s on stock rims

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bigmac_ns

Former Lurker
FYI... guys looking for the biggest rear rubber you can fit on stock 7" rims.:confused:

Bought the 275/50s BFG T/As, installed them, they SQUIRM. Thats the best word I can come up with. I put a small spacer 3/8"-ish on the rear (probably didn't need it) and ran them.

My car has suspension techniques springs all the way around, new shocks (not bilsteins) and I find always found it a bit stiff. After the install of these tires, the rear end squirms on a highway. I mean it wiggles in ruts on the road, wiggles in the wind and seems to sweep to one side or another before really inspiring any confidence in a corner. I have stock sway bars and stock control arms. I'm very confident upgrades to those items will tighten it up somewhat but I can confidently say these tires don't fit right for highway commutes...but will work for town driving.

I'm kinda disappointed, but I made the decision to try them. I figure most people who run this size tire on a stock rim don't commute long distances on roads that see a lot of heavy trucks.

Just the heads up. I'll be going to an 8" rim in the future, I'll update on the progress. I think it tracks slightly better than my truck with 38" bias ply boggers. LOL. Nahh...its not near that bad. :D

I ran nitto dr's in 275/50 on my stock gn wheels they were ok for what it was,I drove all over the place with regular commutes on the highway.
Maybe you need more air pressure?
I mean the rim looked overtired but fill the wheel well nicely, IMO looked better than a 275/60 series

Alan

I now run dunlop 265/50 and they look and fit that much better and the price was right

Alan

going to 19" hre wheels when I do my brake conversion and GNX flares

You know, I really should play with air pressure more before I vent like that.:o It looks like the perfect tire fit in the rear though. I just need a bit more height to make it sit just right.

I'll update how it turns out...

*Shrug* 275/50/15 MT ET's are fine feeling. Even going 114 down the 1/4th, they dont feel bad! :biggrin:

I've read a few threads about people saying their car feels like its wiggling on the highway, and they found the solution. Do a search and you should find it.

-Adam

Back