You can type here any text you want

2800 stall

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6SENSE

Hey guys, I thought I read somewhere that a higher stall convertor could slow down your top end MPH.
I was thinking about it and thought that maybe this could be the reason why I could never get over 94 MPH in the 1/4. Ive got a 2800 stall convertor with the little "pea-shooter" stock turbo (not to mention all of the porting Ive done, including V1 intake).
Does this sound like a possibility? If so what turbo you guys think would be good to go with? I was thinking TA49, Ive also seen some of you with TA33 and TA60 or maybe it was 61. Need some opinions please.

P.S. I have already changed valve springs when porting heads, so I dont think they are the reason for lack of MPH.

Just to let you know, there is a John Craig TA-49 ported and polished for sale for $450+shipping in the parts section of this site. Definately sounds like a good price especially if you are in the market.

I would say you really need a bigger turbo to flow some more air. I would think that you dont need that 2800 stall with the stock turbo , probley a good stall for the ta49. How fast do you want to go. I ran a 12.65 on a street chip untuned with the ta33 and i know i could have put the car in the low 12's with the race chip and a tune.

how fast do you want to go:)

Id be happy to just see low 13s right now, since my combo hasnt been working the way it is, I havent been able to even get into the 13s yet!
Anyway, I know that it is just a temporary setback. I would probably like to go deep into the 12s. After that I will worry about when the time comes.

P.S. thanks for the headsup on the TA49 CHECKMATE. I emailed him about it, I hope he still has it. I think that would be a good turbo to compliment my current mods.

i lost 3 mph going from the d5 to a 12 inch stall cause i wont locking the converter.

switched back to d5 and picked it back up.

just lock the converter and it should tell you if its that.

Back