You can type here any text you want

3.23 tire size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDetroit

when i purchased my car it had an Eaton 3.23 rearend. I wish i had the stock ratio in there, maybe one day ill swap it back, but for now what size tire should i be running? Car has cheap tires and I want to swap them out with M/T's...

What year, what mods are done, what is main purpose? street use? That all plays into the mix. Stock is 3.42, is it the 8.5 rear?

ha well... the car is sitting in my driveway right now with no engine in it. BUT, the engine is in the shop being rebuilt. Street use is 99% of its purpose, ill prob. go to the track only as many times as i have to until i can bring home a 11.5 time slip. The rear is a 8.5 just with a 3.23 eaton unit. My main concern is stoplight acceleration with a little more top end than stock turbo so i was going to go with the following setup:

TE-44 turb0
60lb injectors (walbro pump, hotwire kit.)
3" down pipe
stock intercooler for the time being
Alky injection
TT chip

completely open to suggestions on setup, i used to have crazy high goals, but i realized I'm not a race car driver and i damn sure don't have race car funds so I'm tryin to keep it a quick-spooling mild street car.

Not a big deal, the 1989 Turbo Trans AM uses a 3.23 gear, so just use the original tire size and you should be fine, you might even find you have better traction on the street. :)

Ha im glad to hear that. A lot of guys talk about the 3.42's like its a crime to take them out i was hoping it wasn't gonna mess me up too bad.

Back