You can type here any text you want

3.5 DP identity

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
I purchased a 3.5 DP off freakbook because it looked like a Terry Houston.
The pipe design, texture and color all look exactly like a Terry Houston, however, the flange thickness, shape and top O2 bung looks like TA Performance.
It has a 1.5” puck which seems unique.
From my research it’s possible it could be a DLS as well.
This is not for aftermarket headers as it is tight to the engine. It does fit very well with plenty of clearance.

What other companies sold 3.5 DP’s using fewer bends and a large radius 90* off the wastegate flange.

Yours thoughts and input is much appreciated.
IMG_3327.jpeg

IMG_5322.jpeg

IMG_5323.jpeg

IMG_5324.jpeg

IMG_5325.jpeg

IMG_5487.jpeg

And a few after the Titanium wrap.
IMG_5485.jpeg

IMG_5484.jpeg

The flange doesnt look like any TH pipes i have owned. The shape of it is definitely like a TH. The DLS is made with polished, chinese stainless, you would know if you had that. Definitely not a TA. That O2 bung that is on the bottom side of the pipe is not a great place. Moisture will kill the sensor.

The flange doesn't look like any TH pipes i have owned. The shape of it is definitely looks like a TH. The DLS is made with polished, chinese stainless, you would know if you had that. Definitely not a TA. That O2 bung that is on the bottom side of the pipe is not a great place. Moisture will kill the sensor.

Thank you.
My guess is both O2 bungs were added, or at least the bottom one. I’m planning to use the top one for a wide band.
With the shape of the pipe and fitment I’m happy with it regardless who made it. It would be nice to know.
I wondered if it could be an early TA version?

The one on the bottom might be for a egt sensor?

The one on the bottom might be for a egt sensor?

Thank you, I was thinking the same. I don’t think you would get a good O2 reading from that location. It doesn’t seem EGT location would matter as much.

Back