You can type here any text you want

3.590 stroke in 4.1 Stage 1 block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

I would like to know (from someone who has built one) if a 3.590 stroke crank in a 4.1 Stage One block will create interferance problems with a connecting rod and the stock oil pickup passage.
I am using 6.5" offcenter Carrilo rods.

I don't mind relieving the area a bit, but I don't want to break into the oil passage.

Dave

Probably have to notch the bottom of the cylinders also. I have the same stroke in a stage 2 block and the cylinders had to be notched at the bottom for clearance. As Billy said you will probably have some oiling fun also but it would be better to use an external pickup anyway.

Bill is correct. My off-center stage II had the oil passage broke into slightley by whoever clearanced it.:mad:, so Rich is going to sleeve the passage and it will be as good as new. The cylinders are clearanced, and it also uses 6.5" Carrillos like your setup.

If it ever gets done. :rolleyes:

I just got through with putting a 3.590 crank in a S1 with 6.5 Carillo rods. I had to sleeve the pickup passage and clear the cylinder bases:D My block had a area that could have been used for a front mounted pickup if i was to machine it and delete the rear pickup:) There is 2 pictures in this alblum that shows the area i had to clear..
http://www.netSnapShot.com/b?ACCOUNT=2412&KEY=12

Back