3.8 n/a 3800 s/c

montess408

i have a 3.8 out of a 1984 buick lesabre and i was wondering if you could put a 3800 s/c top end on it to make it a supercharged and injected motor ?
i know that i am going to need the ecu and wireing harness but will the heads bolt up to the block ?

No, you need to install the entire SC3800. You'll notice there is no distibutor on the L67. the whole front of the engine is different. If you're trying to do this fairly cheap the best thing to do is put a hotair turbo setup on your engine. You can find pretty much all those parts really reasonable. I did this conversion on my 78 Lesabre turbo coupe.

Listen To This Man Above. I Loved My Factory Setup On My 98 Gtp But Yanked It Off To Install A 65mm Turbo Kit That My Friends And I Designed And It Works So Much Better. And I Dont Have Near The Heat As The Factory M90 Or My Replacement Mp112. And You'll Love Hearing The Turbo At Full Spool And The Sweet Ass Sound Of A Blow Off Valve

What I'm saying he needs to install is the complete turbo setup from an 84-85 nonintercooled turbe regal. It was still a job to do so but really I didn't spend much money because most everybody of course is using the 86-87 intercooled stuff so alot of people may have this stuff lying around collecting dust. My theory is that you should start at the rear of the vehicle and work forward. Install a set of 3.73 gears with posi and use an overdrive tranny. This will help get your car moving to start.

i believe that an older M-62 blown 3800 top end might swap onto the 84 block. the old M-62 3800's had the same heads as the 89 turbo TA. might have to do some gasket research but i believe it would work

All Will Work Series 1 And 2. I Was Kinda Wantin To Try Series 2ported And Polished Heads On Original Turbo 3.8. Research Tells Me The Newer Heads Are Alot Better What Do Yall Think

All Will Work Series 1 And 2. I Was Kinda Wantin To Try Series 2ported And Polished Heads On Original Turbo 3.8. Research Tells Me The Newer Heads Are Alot Better What Do Yall Think

no i don't believe the series I and II will work as they are on-center blocks. the heads might bolt on but the intakes won't have the correct ends to seal to the off center pre-series I 3800 which was off center like the RWD 3.8

the heads IMO are better from the pre series I 3800's and up as far as rocker design as they use chebby style rockers instead of shaft mounted rockers. the 89 turbo ta used pre-series I heads on it to have proper clearance of the strut towers in the F-body

edit: sorry i was wrong i forgot that the LN3 3800 was on center and the LG3 engine was offcenter like the RWD 3.8. both were used in 1988 so that's where i was confused at