You can type here any text you want

3.8 ported iron heads NGK YR5 spark plug (ressed tip) plug gap?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hotairgnx548

hotairgnx548
I am trying to find the recommended plug gap for the NGK YR5 spark plug. Do I need to open up the gap or run .030/.032 gap like used on the UR5 plugs ? See ya! John

I am trying to find the recommended plug gap for the NGK YR5 spark plug. Do I need to open up the gap or run .030/.032 gap like used on the UR5 plugs ? See ya! John
Are there any motor builders or tunners out there that even know what I am talking about. I need to know before trying to use them. A few weeks ago I saw a thread but can't find it now .
. Thank you See ya! John

Run the same gap that you ran with the UR5's from what I understand.

Run the same gap that you ran with the UR5's from what I understand.
Thank you for the information and the shout back. I'll gap them at .028 as I usually run. trying to get this hot air car in the 10's and just seem stuck in the 11.19/11.20. ran 120+ mph my last run of the season then rain and cold weather shut me down. I'll need to wait until March now. See Ya! John

Thank you for the information and the shout back. I'll gap them at .028 as I usually run. trying to get this hot air car in the 10's and just seem stuck in the 11.19/11.20. ran 120+ mph my last run of the season then rain and cold weather shut me down. I'll need to wait until March now. See Ya! John

Good luck! That's cooking in a HA. Best of luck and post up when you get back out there.

Back