You can type here any text you want

3" Cottons Downpipe- ext gate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Franks86gn

I just got this and not sure if it's mild steel or stainless. The flanges/welds have surface rust but the pipe doesn't. Is there any way to tell?

Try the magnet test? Sticks = mild. no stick = stainless. What wastegate is it? If it's the 2-bolt flange for a 38 turbonetics/tial it will be mild. We had a limited production for the turbonetics v-band rg-45 in mild. Most of the downpipes for precision v-band pw46 were stainless.

A magnet does stick to it but not as good as it sticks to the flanges. It has 2-bolt WG flanges

I don't think any flanges on dps are stainless.

Not to confuse the situation, but thinking back we did make 1 or 2 stainless 2-bolt wastegate flange downpipes. If you have it, it's worth atleast twice as much:D

This is the DP.

Attachments

• IMG_20121029_123132.jpg
    IMG_20121029_123132.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 72
hello boys; There is SS that will atrack a magnet. It depends on the pull of the magnet. If it grabs with force it's mild steel but if the grab is slight it's SS.
The TA headers I got does that and when I got them coated the pull explanation was told.
IBBY

Back