You can type here any text you want

3 Muffler Exhaust System

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SNOWBIRD

Any chance one of our vendors comes up with a quiter and no drone system that is bolt on ,for the mature crowd....LOL:D

"MATURE" the cars already sound like vacuum cleaners, why not give them a little sound, or go to summit and make your own kit

Any chance one of our vendors comes up with a quiter and no drone system that is bolt on ,for the mature crowd....LOL:D

something i have been doing on some of my cars is easy if you can live with the "look"---------most of us have dual exhausts--------the use of two slightly different mufflers on the same system will minimize the resonant peak by spreading it over a wider bandwidth at a lower amplitude--------the more different they are (volume,length,dia, etc) the more the effectiveness--------of course they both have to be quality mufflers to begin with--------it would also help if the pathlength of the pipes were different but even i can't live with that---------the theory behind it is pretty well understood and anyone with a background in acoustics would understand it quickly...........RC

I know everyone hates how it looks (myself included) but MAN is my car quiet with Monte SS style rear-exit tail pipes. I bought them from Summit simply because I couldn't find an exhaust vendor who would sell me just the tail pipes for a GN style side exit, but of course parts for a Monte are easier to come by. It is whisper quiet, can't even tell the car is running from 20 years away. This is with Hooker AeroChamber mufflers by the way.

Man, my new hooker system is TOO quiet for my 20 year old taste... I went from an open dump to these things... If quiet is what you're after then pick up a hooker system!! And it flows great too!!

Im sure you could add some smaller "bullet" style mufflers into the system somewhere if you wanted for even more noise reduction/a deeper tone.

I have a complete ATR stainless steel system on my GN (ATR s.s. downpipe with cutout, and complete "Single Shot" s.s. system with a single PitBull muffler). Athought I'm very pleased with the quality and fit, it's a little too loud for my taste. I'd prefer not having to remove the entire system to install something else but I'm looking for some effective ways to bring the sound down...I just read Black Metal's and Adam Connell's posts and it seems that the Hooker system is whisper quiet?...The only think I'm worried about with the Hooker system is that when I go to the track, I race with the exhaust closed. Will I have to open the dump with a Hooker system? Is it more restrictive than the ATR?...Or should I keep the ATR system and add a muffler in place of the catalytic converter? :confused:
I want to do it right the first time and not have to do more changes because it's still too noisy...:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Claude :)

P.S: Does the Hookes system come in s.s. ?

I have the ATR 3 Crossflow and its a little louder the stock with a stock engine. Put heads and cam to it then the crossflow get a little louder.

I've got the ATR SS 3 "dual, but I didn't use the pittbulls and went with dynomax ultra flows. It doesn't seem that loud in the cab at cruising. But sounds good when you get on it. The mufflers can make a huge difference.

Hooker

I have the Hooker duals with Aerochambers and it's very quiet with a great sound. No drone at any speed.

CLAUDE,,,I have a hooker system with aero chambers ,and I find it noisy:confused:

Mmmm...I'm confused now...Bob, the best thing would be to put both our cars side by side and make the engines run to hear the difference...I suppose that if Hookers are quieter and still too noisy for your taste, then you'll find my "PitBull" muffler unbearable!...:D I guess there's no "magic" answer here...you gotta live with SOME noise...:rolleyes:

Claude :smile:

What Mr Clark is getting it is the reason the 3 muffler system works. You could probably acoustically pull the same thing off with a 3" single shot that exits the car. Put three different size mufflers on the system and you should effectively cancel most of the drone. Until the SQ judges judge mine running I don't care how loud it is...it's quieter than my vette right now.

I sent an e-mail this morning to "GN1performance" asking about their 3'' s.s.dual muffler exhaust system...but haven't got a reply yet...:( I've never heard from them before...but is there someone here who has dealt with them?...Are they ok?...

Thanks,

Claude

I sent an e-mail this morning to "GN1performance" asking about their 3'' s.s.dual muffler exhaust system...but haven't got a reply yet...:( I've never heard from them before...but is there someone here who has dealt with them?...Are they ok?...

Thanks,

Claude

their a really good company that has wall to wall inventory on all his products, i picked up my cat back system a couple month back, heres a link to when i picked it up
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/hybrids/239936-83-oldsmobile-cutlass-cruiser-wagon-6.html

"gn1performance"...

I received a reply from GN1PERFORMANCE inviting me to call them, which I did. I spoke with Archie who was very nice to talk with and he took the time to answer all my questions. After our conversation, I immediately ordered my new exhaust system 3" duals, polished stainless steel...Can't wait now to receive it and install it to hear the new sound! Archie said that it should be much quieter, much smoother than the ATR "Single Shot" I now have. I'm going to install it like the instructions say and if it's still not quiet enough for me, I'll install the leftover ATR "PitBull" muffler in place of the catalytic converter. That should do it! :wink:

Claude :smile:

Even though there should be instructions with my exhaust system (I ordered it 2 days ago), can someone here post the instructions to install it ? (GN1Performance's 3" dual s.s.exhaust system) I just want to make sure that I have everything needed to install it once it gets here...:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Claude :redface:

Back