You can type here any text you want

3 straight through glass packs. What do you think?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thinking about installing a single 3 inch glass pack at cat. Location.
Then
1- 2.25 on each side of the "Y" pipe.
What do you guys think about how it will/should sound?

I'm running a single 4" and I like the way it sounds

A pic of my setup

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    876.2 KB · Views: 123
Damn 4" is huge.
My goal is to keep it as quiet as possible and not loose much performance over it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Do a search for "3 muffler system" on here. It is truly the ONLY way to eliminate drone and not hurt power. We are running 9.90' s at over 136 with this system. I literraly have tried every type of muffler there is over the last 28 years. These cars have an obnoxious 1800-2000 rpm drone. The three Walker Ultraflows with the third being a cross flow in the stock muffler location (behind the differential) is the quietest system you can build. Good luck, it ain't cheap, and takes a bit of talent to fabricate. Glass pack style mufflers kill horsepower, too. Terrible design. Same with Flowmaster.

Do a search for "3 muffler system" on here. It is truly the ONLY way to eliminate drone and not hurt power. We are running 9.90' s at over 136 with this system. I literraly have tried every type of muffler there is over the last 28 years. These cars have an obnoxious 1800-2000 rpm drone. The three Walker Ultraflows with the third being a cross flow in the stock muffler location (behind the differential) is the quietest system you can build. Good luck, it ain't cheap, and takes a bit of talent to fabricate. Glass pack style mufflers kill horsepower, too. Terrible design. Same with Flowmaster.
thanks for the reply.
I've seen your 3 muffler system and its a work of art. That said i'd have to find that type of talent then pay for it. That is just not in the budget right now. I know doing things twice costs more but that is the best i can do at this point with all the other stuff the car is getting done.
That said, never heard about the straight through mufflers killing power.
had two 2.5 inch (one each side of the "Y") and the car ran great and spooled very fast it was just a bit loud. On long trips i would put a cap on one tail pipe to kill the drone lol. Trying to stay away from that.

An old school glass pack has louvers inside. The louvers induce turbulence and significantly reduce cross sectional area. A perforated internal pipe in an Ultraflow style muffler is the best choice. Fairly quiet at cruse, but decent sound at WOT.

You would be surprised on how little drone I get out of my 4" single shot .

Im like dank, 3 inch downpipe, 3inch pipe over the axle and out the back. No mufflers or glasspacks or any that crap. Is it loud, yes does it sound good when you stomp it, thats a matter of opinion. If i had the extra money i would have bought the rjc single shot but my exhaust guy had some extra 3inch laying around so the whole thing only cost me a hundred bucks including clamps and labor. I really dont think 3 glasspacks is the way to go, who knows whats in those things, but once again its a matter of opinion.

If you want it to be quite just get a bigger muffler and you should have the cat deleted anyway just my opinion

Back