You can type here any text you want

325-50-15 MT Drag Radials.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
FYI- I last night completed the cutting on the rear frame rails of my T-Type for the frame notch I am doing to accept the 325-50-15 MT Drag Radials.

I have a stock length rear end with stock drum brakes, stock ride height. The rims are 15 X 10 Weld Pro Stars with 5.5" Back Spacing. I got the tires mounted yesterday, and cut the rails and test fit the wheels. So far I have done some light manipulating of the wheel tubs with a rubber mallet, but looks like it will require some additional persuasion from a bigger hammer :cool:

They fit right now, but they would rub around turns or if the car squatted much. The lip of the wheel wells is not yet rolled, but I will do that as well.

I will post pics tonight, but they look BAD ASS, and should work just as well.

Here is a few pictures... do not try this at home!

:eek:

Attachments

• 12.21.06 002.jpg
    12.21.06 002.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 329
  • 12.21.06 003.jpg
    12.21.06 003.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 332
  • 12.21.06 004.jpg
    12.21.06 004.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 319
I did the same,I realized though that a 5" backspace would be better.
I needed a 3/8 spacer to make it right.
The look great under the car though!

OttoJ: From looking at it, I think if I had another 1/2" Less back spacing plus a 3/8" spacer... it would hit the quarter panel when launching? Granted I know I will have to "manipulate" the inner wheel tub more right now, I dont think I will need to add a spacer or anything... we will see soon-

Thanks,

Cliff

Cliff,

Do you think a set of 15x10's 4.5"bs with a 275/50/15 would fit a stock wheel well? There is a set on chitown:rolleyes: .

Looks pretty good. I have the same tires, but for the inch or so difference, I decided not to slice up my frame, and just let the wheels stick out. Besides I wouldn't have the means to do the notching and wouldn't really want someone else to do it.

Hey Grumpy, what kind of spacer are you using? Is it one you fabbed up yourself or one of those off the shelf ones with oblong holes. Those off the shelf spacers just scare me. Any problems with the spacers?

Cliff,

Do you think a set of 15x10's 4.5"bs with a 275/50/15 would fit a stock wheel well? There is a set on chitown:rolleyes: .

They may fit, but I would recommend going with 5.5 BS and notching the frame rail if you want to run a 10" wheel.. Taters on chitown still has another pair of pro stars for sale with 5.5 BS...

Otherwise you can have them stick out like Turbo6Chicago, but aside from the obvious "sticking out of the car" look, you will not be able to allow the rear suspension to sit low enough or travel enough to make the car launch hard. Which in my case, I'm not making room for a big drag radial to look cool, it has to function.

Cliff

Back